Journeyman - Structural
Company: E-Talent Network
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Assignment DetailDue Date:05/17/2022Job Description ESSENTIAL
- Oversees work of apprentice tradespersons; directs and guides
unskilled and semi-skilled workers performing work functions
associated with various trades including HVAC, plumbing and
pipefitting, mechanical, electrical, masonry, and carpentry.
- Receives work orders and performs assigned construction,
maintenance, and/or repair tasks associated with seasonal, special
event, and/or daily operation of the county; sets up appropriate
signage to warn of hazards.
- Troubleshoots plumbing, electrical and mechanical problems;
reads blue prints, schematics, flow charts, lab reports, and
various manuals to diagnose and/or repair dysfunctional units or
areas of disrepair.
- Performs tasks associated with the HVAC trade; maintains,
repairs, retrofits, and installs heating, air conditioning,
refrigeration, boiler, chiller, and dehumidifier equipment for all
county building facilities; recovers refrigerants from cooling
systems; ensures energy systems are operating efficiently.
- Repairs and/or replaces compressors, valves, heat pumps,
various motors and fans, duct work, computerized controls and other
electrical parts; cleans drainage pans and coils; fabricates parts
- Performs tasks associated with the plumbing and pipefitters
trade; repairs steam lines; replaces and/or repairs valves,
pneumatic controls, steam traps, and hot water heaters; clears
clogged water and sewer lines; installs and/or replaces plumbing
- Tests and adjusts flow rates, temperatures, air and water
quantities, and pressures in ventilation, refrigeration and water
systems, cuts and threads pipe, makes up pipe joints, and maintains
drainage and waste piping; inspects retention ponds and leach
- Performs tasks associated with the electrical trade; replaces
incandescent lamps, fluorescent tubes, starters, and ballast in a
wide variety of lighting fixtures; installs and/or removes lights
and receptacles; maintains, repairs, and installs electrical motors
and generators, switches, and electrically operated doors.
- Cuts and threads conduit, pulls wire, and hangs fixtures; takes
electrical meter readings and traces circuits; cleans light
fixtures; cuts and prepares metal shapes for use in hanging
- Performs tasks associated with the carpentry trade; repairs
holes in walls and ceilings; builds shelves, cabinets, fences, and
a variety of other objects; repairs roofs and cleans gutters;
demolishes old buildings; repairs carpeting; replaces ceiling and
floor tiles; adjusts hinges; completes myriad building, repair, and
- Estimates and works on maintenance and alterations projects;
nails plasterboard, assembles stud walls, and maintains, repairs,
and installs windows, doors and closers, ceiling tiles, and lock;
replaces broken glass; installs window coverings and bathroom
- Prepares surfaces for painting by washing, scraping off old
paint, and sanding surfaces; mixes and matches paints; applies
paints using a spray gun, roller, or brush; pressure cleans various
surfaces and applies caulk as needed.
- Builds catch basins and sidewalk repairs; lays out and sets
forms for pouring concrete, mixes and pours concrete cement, and
assists in finishing concrete; lays drainage pipe; cuts pipe and
concrete with cut-of saw.
- Performs various welding tasks associated with construction,
repair and maintenance throughout the county; repairs broken or
cracked parts, welds pipes and fittings, welds metal parts
together, increasing size of metal parts, and fabricates special
parts and apparatus.
- Responds to service and emergency calls for simple repairs or
adjustment tasks, power outages, elevator failures, sewer/drain
backups; takes action to contain leaks or otherwise limit further
damage to facilities.
- Performs general labor tasks such as digging trenches, laying
sod and landscaping, collecting trash, measuring, cutting and
producing boards, storm damage clean-up; performs tasks associated
with pest control.
- Prepares specified facilities for division and county
activities and special events; sets up and disassembles stages,
tables, chairs, decorations, or other props as appropriate.
- Gathers, transports, loads, and unloads various equipment,
tools, and materials used on projects or at work sites; follows all
safety precautions necessary in operating equipment in a safe and
- Operates, cleans and/or services a variety of hand and power
tools, machinery, and equipment as prescribed by trade
apprenticeship training standards; cleans and maintains shop areas,
work sites and storage areas.
- Maintains knowledge of common materials used by the trade;
attends divisional staff meetings, workshops, and training sessions
- Prepares and/or receives a variety of forms, logs, requests,
records, reports, correspondence, and other documents associated
with daily responsibilities of this position; reviews, completes,
processes, forwards, maintains, and/or takes other action as
appropriate; prepares and maintains files and records. DDITIONAL
- Moves office furniture as necessary when relocating office
facilities or to accomplish other assigned tasks.
- Operates a motor vehicle to perform work activities; orders,
obtains, prepares, and delivers materials to the job site for
installation; escorts, assists, or oversees outside contractors
performing work for the county.
- nswers the telephone; provides information, guidance and
assistance; takes and relays messages and/or directs calls to
appropriate personnel; returns calls as necessary.
- Substitutes for co-workers during temporary absence of same;
performs various trade work as assigned; provides guidance,
training, and/or assistance to other division personnel.
- May be required to be on twenty-four hour call and/or regularly
work on various shifts, weekends, and/or holidays as deemed
- Performs other related duties as required.
- In the event of a declared state of emergency, employees in
this classification may be called to work during days or hours
other than those for which they are regularly scheduled.
- Data Utilization : Requires the ability to review, classify,
categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising
discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing
such analysis to established standards for the purpose of
recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and
- Human Interaction : Requires the ability to provide guidance,
assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the
application of procedures and standards to specific
- Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization:
Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the
actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in
performing essential functions.
- Verbal Aptitude : Requires the ability to utilize a wide
variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and
- Mathematical Aptitude : Requires the ability to perform
addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to
calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize
principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
- Functional Reasoning : Requires the ability to apply principles
of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise
independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to
meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise
judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving
evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable
criteria. DA COMPLIANCE
- Physical Ability : Tasks require the regular and, at times,
sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work,
typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and that may involve
the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy
objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to
perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, odor,
depth, texture, and visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the
ability to communicate orally.
- Environmental Factors: Performance of essential functions may
require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt,
dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature
and noise extremes, unsafe structures, heights, confined spaces,
machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards,
bright/dim lights, toxic agents, disease, pathogenic substances, or
rude/irate customers. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED; four (4) years of specialized
experience as a skilled Journeyman tradesperson in assigned trade
or performing manual work which involved the use of an acquired
skill such as in building maintenance and repair work, electrical,
plumbing, carpentry, or HVAC; or any equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience which provides the requisite
knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's
- May be required to attain and maintain various other
certifications and/or licenses as related to trade and assignment.
ll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: E-Talent Network, Cape Coral , Journeyman - Structural, Professions , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!