Medication Technician - ALL SHIFTS NEEDED
Company: American House Senior Living Communities
Posted on: January 16, 2022
-- :Medication Technician Position SummaryUnder the general
direction of the Executive Director and Wellness Director, primary
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administer
medications to the residents in a safe, accurate, and timely
Qualifications and Required Experience for Medication
- Excellent communication skills and a compassion for older
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must possess a valid Medication Technician certificate within
the state of Florida
- 1st Shift: 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 2nd Shift: 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 3rd Shift: 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.Primary Responsibilities for
- Administers medications according to the physician order on the
medication administration record (MAR).
- Documents medications administered on the MAR in accordance
with company policy. Checks MARs immediately after administration
and prior to end of shift to ensure documentation is complete and
- Conducts change of shift report with oncoming/outgoing shift
- Maintains security of medication cart and narcotic keys during
entire shift. Conduct narcotic count at the beginning and end of
every shift in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Provides all necessary care and services to assigned residents
and assists other caregivers as needed.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
- Provides assistance with Activities of Daily living such as
with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes shaving, oral
care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating and
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting
with residents and families.
- Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental,
or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
- Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities
- Care for sensory enhancement devices such as eyeglasses and
- Completes housekeeping tasks such as bed-making, linen changes,
vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning bathroom.
- Washing residents' laundry as needed.
- Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation
- Assists residents with personal correspondence/telephone usage
- Observes and reports changes in residents' physical condition
and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or charge
nurse, as needed.
- Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
- Monitors for environmental safety hazards.
- Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort
residents to dining room, assist with set up and clean tables,
serve meals, bus tables, etc.).
- Assists residents without swallowing difficulty with
- Responds to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner.
Immediately reports such emergencies to the charge nurse.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory
- Documents provision of services on company forms.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in
potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
- Follows-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other
individuals regarding reported complaints, problems and
- Acts as ambassador and public relations representative to
guests and other off-campus visitors.
- Communicates with physicians and third party specialists, such
as homecare providers, labs and hospice professionals.
- Copies special paperwork or forms.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values, and
wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging
- Collaborates with associates in other departments to assure
necessary care and services are provided.
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Performs related duties as assigned.Company Overview:Founded in
1979, American House Senior Living Communities' vision is to
provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for
retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured
for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of
senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of
those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful
relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing
company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value,
with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by
Keywords: American House Senior Living Communities, Cape Coral , Medication Technician - ALL SHIFTS NEEDED, Professions , Estero, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!