Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Landmark Hospitals
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Landmark Hospital of Southwest Florida has an exciting
opportunity for a Sterile Processing Technician to join our
dedicated and professional team. Landmark Hospitals are committed
to providing the highest level of customer service and quality of
care to those we serve.
Summary: Responsible for assisting with the care of patients by
providing properly cleaned, sterilized, highly disinfected
instruments and supplies. This position is responsible for
decontamination, assembly, inspecting, wrapping, and sterilization
of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Surgical Services
and all Ancillary Departments. This includes working in conjunction
with the OR staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and
case carts where applicable.
- Receives all soiled instrumentation and implements the
appropriate decontamination process
- Prepares the Decontamination and Clean room with supplies and
- Handles reprocessing instrumentation for sterilization
- Wraps trays and individual items according to established
- Labels each item with name and expiration date
- Places sterilized instruments on appropriate shelving and
- Prioritizes and organizes instrumentation and equipment and
- Maintains a clean and orderly central processing area (e.g.
shelves, counters, equipment)
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment*online certification
- Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state
- Three years' experience in surgical instrument sterilization
processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile
- Ability to work in a fast paced high volume setting with rapid
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, sterile technique, medical
terminology; instrumentation and medical equipment
- Clinical competencies, sterilization techniques, operating room
instruments and supplies, and excellent critical thinking
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital
system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida.
Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and
certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize
in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each
of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care
Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark
Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a
surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical
outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Keywords: Landmark Hospitals, Cape Coral , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!