Cook - Grill
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Location: US-FL-NAPLESSystem ID: 942664Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: NORTH NAPLES
HOSPITALUnit Contact: 2396243050Target Hourly Rate: $16-$19UNIT
DESCRIPTIONAs a condition of employment, newly hired employees must
be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (with documented
verification).Come join Sodexo at Naples Community Hospitals Health
Systems and be part of a healing environment where we as
high-energy individuals make a difference in the lives of our
patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute
to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive
interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing
delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Consideration for a conditional job offer include job/position
experience, communication skill level, and customer service skill
level. Job offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and
additional preemployment screenings that may be included in the
hiring processLocation: This location is accessible by public
transportation .North Naples Hospital11190 Health Park Blvd Naples,
FL 34110 Work Schedule: Varies, though typically Monday through
Friday with alternating weekends and alternating Holidays.Base rate
of pay is $16-$19 /hour. Your job offer rate of pay may be higher
because of job experience, communication skill level and customer
service skill level.
- PLUS an afternoon shift differential of $1.25/hour
- PLUS a midnight shift differential of $1.95/hour
- PLUS a weekend shift differential of $2.00/hourBenefits for
Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (co-pay for Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life/Accident Insurance)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement)
- Employee DiscountsYou will be provided all training and
personal protective equipment (PPE), including uniforms, to keep
you and your family safe and healthy. You may purchase and use
payroll deduction for slip-resistant shoes through our favored
supplier. Complimentary meals are provided for Patient Nutrition
Services (Food) Department employees during work
hours.#CB#HS#PMPosition SummaryAccurately and efficiently prepare,
portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items
for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and
Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in
frying, grilling and sauting.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side
hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sauts meats, fish, vegetables and other
foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexho, client and regulatory rules and
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety
policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective
equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
procedures preferred. Skills/Aptitude:
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Must be organized and a problem solver
- Some heavy lifting required Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI208169695
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Cape Coral , Cook - Grill, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...