Cashier-Food Service Worker
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Location: US-FL-NAPLESSystem ID: 942666Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: NORTH NAPLES
HOSPITALUnit Contact: 2396243050Target Hourly Rate: $12-$17UNIT
DESCRIPTIONAs a condition of employment, newly hired employees must
be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (with documented
verification).Come join Sodexo at Naples Community Hospitals Health
Systems and be part of a healing environment where we as
high-energy individuals make a difference in the lives of our
patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute
to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive
interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing
delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Consideration for a conditional job offer include job/position
experience, communication skill level, and customer service skill
level. Job offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and
additional preemployment screenings that may be included in the
hiring processLocation: This location is accessible by public
transportation .North Naples Hospital11190 Health Park Blvd Naples,
FL 34110 Work Schedule: Varies, though typically Monday through
Friday with alternating weekends and alternating Holidays.Base rate
of pay is $12-$17 /hour. Your job offer rate of pay may be higher
because of job experience, communication skill level and customer
service skill level.
- PLUS an afternoon shift differential of $1.25/hour
- PLUS a midnight shift differential of $1.95/hour
- PLUS a weekend shift differential of $2.00/hourBenefits for
Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (co-pay for Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life/Accident Insurance)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement)
- Employee DiscountsYou will be provided all training and
personal protective equipment (PPE), including uniforms, to keep
you and your family safe and healthy. You may purchase and use
payroll deduction for slip-resistant shoes through our favored
supplier. Complimentary meals are provided for Patient Nutrition
Services (Food) Department employees during work
hours.#CB#HS#PMPosition SummaryThe Cashier/Food Service Worker
works primarily in the foodservice operation, handling cash and
credit transactions from Sodexo customers. In addition, they will
assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables.
Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work
stations. As a cashier, they must accurately operate the cash
register/POS and complete the transactions. Will also provide
support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining
supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements. General
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of
cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or
services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items
and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy
of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and
supports non-cash transactions.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and
clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the
floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items,
service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as
complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI208169617
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Cape Coral , Cashier-Food Service Worker, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...