Posted on: November 21, 2022
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in
new product development and medical education. We are a privately
held company that strives to accomplish our corporate mission of
-Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better---. We are committed
to -delivering uncompromising quality to the health care
professionals who use our products, and ultimately, the millions of
patients whose lives we impact.
Arthrex 2023 Benefits
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Company-Provided Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accident, Cancer, Hospital, Critical
Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
Wellness Incentive Program
Free, Onsite Medical Clinics
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Trip of a Lifetime
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
Please note, most benefits are for regular, full time
Arthrex is a global medical device company and leader in
orthopedics medical education. With a corporate mission of Helping
Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better---, Arthrex has pioneered the
field of arthroscopy and develops more than 1,000 innovative
products and procedures each year that support all aspects of
orthopedics. -The Department of Orthopedic Research is seeking a
Co-op to support Biomaterials related studies and testing
responsibilities that characterize the mechanical and polymeric
behavior of Arthrex's biodegradable product families. -The shelf
life and degradation data produced from these studies primarily
supports: (a) regulatory submissions with the FDA or foreign
regulatory bodies, (b) product development projects, (c) product
design changes, and (d) supplier proposed process changes. -The
Biomaterials Co-op is responsible for monitoring and maintaining
test samples within their appropriate study conditions as well as
preparing and testing samples at critical time points. -The
Biomaterials Co-op may also send and receive sample groups
requiring Quality inspection. -On occasion, the Biomaterials Co-op
may be assigned tasks that support the Biomechanics group. -These
tasks may include, but are not limited to, mechanical testing,
biomechanical sample preparation, and assisting Arthrex visitors
with research projects.This Co-op will run -from January 2023 --
June -2023. The ideal candidate will -have the availability to work
40 hours per week at our Naples, FL -facility.Essential Duties and
- Prepare samples for present or future testing. -This includes
but is not limited to: using a band saw, power drill, product
related instrumentation and deploying product.
- Perform regular pH testing to monitor, record and maintain
appropriate incubation parameters.
- Cut and weigh test samples for subsequent testing.
- Work under a fume hood to chemically prepare samples for
testing. -This includes measuring and dispensing chemicals with
- Operate a centrifuge and viscometer to perform viscosity
- Operate a materials testing machine to mechanically test
- Operate a camera to properly document sample preparation, test
methods and modes of failure.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative material characterization.
-These activities could include, but are not limited to, the use of
a microscope or Fourier transform infrared (FTIR)
- Collaborate with other Biomaterials team members.
- Communicate with study stakeholders via email or
- Performing other various Biomaterials related tasks as they
- Perform scientific literature searches on relevant topics when
- Perform statistical analysis on sample groups using appropriate
software and statistical methods.
- Write and submit scientific test reports.
- Compile PowerPoint presentations of study findings.
- Perform other various Biomaterials related tasks as they
- Work primarily unassisted or with minimal supervision and
- Maintain laboratory organization and cleanliness.
- Must comply with all laboratory safety instructions and wear
PPE as appropriate for various activities.
- This is an in-office position located in Naples, FL; it is not
a remote position. Education and Experience:
- Enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree
with major in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer
Science, Material Science or related discipline. -(Students who
have recently graduated are only eligible to work as a co-op up to
six months from their graduation date.)
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Course work or prior work experience -in a laboratory setting
would be advantageous
- Prior experience with -(a) mechanical testing involving tensile
testing, (b) statistics or statistical analysis and/or (c)
technical writing are all considered a plus. - Knowledge and Skill
Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:Qualified
candidates should have good communication skills, both written and
verbal, and exhibit good documentation practices. -Ideal candidates
are detail oriented and enjoy working in a lab environment.Machine,
Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:Instruments used will include:
- Materials Testing Systems
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Moisture Analyzer
- pH meter
- Custom made testing apparatuses
- Data acquisition systems All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Arthrex, Cape Coral , Biomaterials Co-op, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!