Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: Moore Haven
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Facility:Moore Haven Correctional and Rehabilitation
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Acts as shift commander by directing all security operations on
one shift. Supervises security and control activities and staff
during assigned shift, providing for maximum facility coordination,
inmate supervision and safety, and preparation of records and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible directly to the Chief of Security (Night Major on
- Directs security activities and supervises custodial
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies,
procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment
- Conducts inspection tours to ensure compliance with all
security, safety, sanitation, contraband, fire and/or other
facility regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical
inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and
- Responds to major unusual occurrences.
- Direct line supervision over correctional officers, makes
assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all procedures
including emergency procedures are in place and staff is trained in
implementation of same.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character
development through the encouragement of favorable behavior
patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing
relationships among inmates.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the
event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; makes referrals
for more complex problems.
- Supports, clarifies, and helps inmates relate to all programs
of the facility.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned.
- Enforces facility goals.
- Monitors daily logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet same basic qualifications as a Corrections
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent; related college
courses highly desirable.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a
correctional setting, one of which was in a position requiring
- Must be representative of worthwhile qualities with which an
inmate can identify. Must be emotionally stable, understanding and
attuned to the facility objectives. Must be flexible, cooperative,
and empathetic to the total needs of the inmates.
- Working knowledge of laws relating to corrections.
- Working knowledge of all applicable court orders.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of
- Ability to interpret complex written/oral communication,
documents, and instructions.
- Ability to make and implement decisions without
- Ability to give instructions and have them carried out.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirement for security
supervisors and officers.
- Ability to write communication documents, policies, courtroom
defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Cape Coral , SHIFT SUPERVISOR-CAPTAIN, Other , Moore Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!