Elementary Teacher - 4th (2021-2022 School Year)
Company: Hendry County Schools
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Hendry County District School Board
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable.
- Certified by the State of Florida in the appropriate area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of child development and especially of
characteristics of children in the age group assigned.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators, and
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that
students have a safe and orderly environment in which to
- Ability to effectively assess levels of student achievement,
analyze test results, and prescribe actions for improvement.
- Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents,
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching
methods to address student learning styles.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current
- Knowledge of current educational research.
- Knowledge of the prescribed curriculum.
REPORTS TO: Appropriate principal or assigned supervisor
SUPERVISES: Staff as assigned
JOB GOAL: To provide an educational atmosphere in which students
will move toward the fulfillment of their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth and
maturation in accordance with district philosophy, goals, and
- Consistent with district and state curriculum requirements,
identify or develop long and short-range plans based on student
- All other such job related duties as shall be assigned by the
immediate supervisor, the Superintendent of Schools, or the
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and
objectives of this position.
- Ensure that student growth/achievement is continuous and
appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or student program
- Support school improvement initiatives by active participation
in school activities, services, and programs.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner and adhere at all
times to the Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional
- Conduct a personal assessment periodically to determine
professional development needs with reference to specific
- Engage in continuing improvement of professional knowledge and
- Assist others in acquiring knowledge and understanding of
particular area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional
- Collaborate with students, parents, school staff, and other
appropriate persons to assist in meeting student needs.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with other
professionals, students, parents, and community.
- Recognize overt indicators of student distress or abuse and
take appropriate intervention, referral, or reporting actions.
- Provide instruction on safety procedures and proper handling of
materials and equipment.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged
to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Provide quality work for students, focused on meaningful,
relevant, and engaging learning experiences.
- Provide appropriate instruction and modifications for students
with special needs.
- Use appropriate materials, technology, and resources to help
meet learning needs of all students.
- Use appropriate techniques and strategies to enhance the
application of critical, creative, and evaluative thinking
capabilities of students.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies appropriate for
teaching students from diverse back-grounds with different learning
styles and special needs.
- Apply principles of learning and effective teaching in
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum
- Establish appropriate testing environment and ensure test
- Interpret and use data (including, but not limited to,
standardized and other test results) for diagnosis, instructional
planning, and program evaluation.
- Develop and use assessment strategies (traditional and
alternative) to assist the continuous development of learners.
- Instruct and supervise the work of volunteers and aides when
- Manage materials and assigned equipment effectively, including
record keeping and other inventory requirements.
- Manage time effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record keeping
procedures including student records subject to the requirements of
the Family Rights and Privacy Act.
- Assist in enforcement of school rules, administrative
regulations, and board policy.
- Establish and use behavior management techniques which are
appropriate and effective.
- Maintain a positive, organized, and safe learning
- Assist in preparing for changing curriculum needs and
- Identify, select, develop, or modify instructional materials to
support learning objectives and to meet the needs of students with
diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, learning styles,
and special needs.
- Plan and prepare instructional activities that contribute to a
climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning
- Plan and prepare lessons and instructional strategies which
support the school improvement plan and the district mission.
- Plan and prepare work for students which is meaningful and
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of
force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as
needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and benefits shall be paid
consistent with the district's board-approved salary schedule.
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those
established by the district.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by
the immediate supervisor.
Note: These requirements may vary for certain teacher
classifications, i.e., speech pathology may require a Master's
degree, non-degree vocational teachers may be certified based on
work experience according to local certification requirements.
Keywords: Hendry County Schools, Cape Coral , Elementary Teacher - 4th (2021-2022 School Year), Other , Labelle, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!