Dental Assistant - Cape Coral, FL
Company: Coast Dental Services, Inc.
Location: Cape Coral
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you looking to work for a practice that offers stability and
operates with integrity? Would you like to work for a dentist with
an excellent reputation in the community and among dental
Look no further. Coast Dental & Orthodontics follows COVID-19
CDC Guidelines and ADA recommendations and makes every effort to
create and maintain an environment that is safe for our team and
patients. We provide PPE that includes high volume evacuation
devices for intraoral use, face shields, N95 masks, along with
gowns, hair bouffant, feet/shoe coverings and gloves. Plus, we
allow 15 minutes after every patient to properly clean and
Who is Coast Dental?
We are a family established, owned, and operated DSO (that means
dental service organization if you were curious), so we aren't your
typical cookie cutter dental corporation. At Coast Dental, you are
part of a family, the kind you don't want to rush away from after a
long Thanksgiving dinner.
We can tell you why we're great, but our long-standing team
members are the real testament. Why do they stay? Because we invest
in them and their continuing education and personal growth. And,
because we like to have fun while working hard in a respectful
Duties & Responsibilities
- Awareness of delegable duties and functions allowed to be
performed by dental assistant.
- Assist in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Learn and comply with Coast's administrative procedures.
- Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Learn and comply with state and Federal infection control
standards in the dental office and operatories, including but not
limited to: wearing protective barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and
eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment
areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-hazardous
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but
not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical
alerts, and signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each
patient visit according to dentist's instructions and legal
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the
treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure
patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential
manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options
to patients in nonclinical terms.
- Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with
inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to:
clean evacuation system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces,
clean and maintain radiograph processors, monitor and clean
equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and maintain clean office
- Notify Office Manager of equipment failure or general safety
- Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and
timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency
medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for
- Maintain professional working environment within office
- Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office
- Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards
per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Retain license (Registered, CDA or EFDA) and demonstrate
proficiency to perform expanded dental assistant functions
according to state guidelines and limitations.
Keywords: Coast Dental Services, Inc., Cape Coral , Dental Assistant - Cape Coral, FL, Other , Cape Coral, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!