Elementary School Teacher
Company: First Baptist Academy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
REPORTS TO: Elementary School Principal
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Effectively teach Elementary School aged
children using approved curriculum and supplementary materials to
enhance student learning.
QUALIFYING CHARACTERISTICS: The Teacher should display a
commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated in professional and
personal life, a commitment to Christian education; a calling to
the ministry of meeting the educational needs of children and young
adults; Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
organized; team player.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS : Bachelors degree
required; Masters degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years
classroom teaching experience in Christian education preferred.
Experience with Google platform; A working knowledge of school
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Implement systems, policies and procedures as outlined by the
- Model cooperative, respectful, responsible and
- Utilize a broad variety of teaching methods to match student
- Regularly assess student progress to provide differentiated
- Maintain a program of individual professional growth.
- Promote FBA and the principles of Kingdom Education.
- Participate in spiritual activities at FBA such as prayer,
devotions, Bible study and chapel.
- Support the schools parent organization initiatives as it
impacts the classroom and students.
- Complete all reporting duties and other paperwork
- Prepare Lesson Plans for all instructional activities.
- Hold help classes as needed or requested by students or
- Maintain proper classroom discipline.
- Schedule conferences with parents or students as needed.
- Supervise extra-curricular activities, organizations and
outings as assigned.
- Complete all requirements for ACSI certification.
- Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord evidenced by
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution.
- Fulfill all duties as assigned by the school
- Demonstrate a love for teaching and learning with
- Maintain a clean, attractive classroom that is conducive
- Plan and implement biblically integrated lessons.
- Punctual in attendance to faculty meetings, devotions, and all
- Available to assist others as needed, promoting unity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to meet the physical
requirements of the position.
EXEMPT STATUS : Salaried
WORK SCHEDULE: 10-month position per contract.
Keywords: First Baptist Academy, Cape Coral , Elementary School Teacher, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!