Company: Arthrex, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Requisition ID: 47398 Title: Medical Assistant Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Inc - Family Medical Center
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all
aspects of medical practice under the direct supervision and
responsibility of a physician. This practitioner will assist with
patient care management, executes administrative and clinical
procedures, and often performs managerial and supervisory
functions. Additionally, this practitioner may assist performing
x-rays and may assist with the radiology needs of the clinic.
Competence in the field also requires that a medical assistant
adhere to ethical and legal standards of professional practice,
recognize and respond to emergencies, and demonstrate professional
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing aseptic procedures.
- Taking vital signs.
- Preparing patients for the physician's care.
- Performing venipunctures and non intravenous injections.
- Observing and reporting patients' signs or symptoms.
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examinations or treatments.
- Operating office medical equipment.
- Collecting routine laboratory specimens as directed by the
- Administering medication as directed by the physician.
- Performing basic laboratory procedures.
- Performing office procedures including all general
administrative duties required by the physician
- May operate radiologic equipment to produce images of the body
for diagnostic purposes
- May take x-rays following established radiologic requirements
to ensure patient care and safety
- May prepare/instruct patient about contrast media and
- May administer contrast media effectively and safely per
The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certification by the American Association of American Medical
Assistants or as a Registered Medical Assistant by the American
Medical Technologists preferred
- Graduate of an approved ARRT Radiological Technology School
- Current ARRT registration and respective, valid State
- At least two or more years of experience working in and
performing Radiology preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Current certification and skill in basic life support
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Experienced with EMR systems a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with staff which includes: effective communication,
getting along with coworkers and management, as well as dealing
efficiciently and professionally under pressure
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Arthrex, Inc., Cape Coral , Medical Assistant, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!