General Dentist | Healthcare Network SWFL
Company: Healthcare Network
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Network of Southwest Florida (HCN) is seeking aGeneral
Dentistto join our team. HCN is a Federally Qualified
Health Center located in Collier County on the beautiful Gulf Coast
of Florida. HCN has been providing primary care to underserved
patients for over 40 years.
provide comprehensive, integrated primary care to more than 50,000
patients at 21 clinic sites throughout the county with more than 75
practitioners. Services include pediatrics, family and internal
medicine, an HIV/AIDS treatment program, geriatrics, women's care,
dental, and integrated behavioral health. We are accredited by the
Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and are
certified by AAAHC as a medical and dental home.
Network offers our care team members a competitive wage,
comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to serve in a
mission-minded organization. For more information on our community
organization, visit our website at www.healthcareswfl.org.
This position will provide comprehensive dental care to patients in
a primary health care delivery system. The dentist assumes the
responsibility of providing the best care possible for all of
patients. Provide preventive and restorative treatments for
problems affecting the mouth and teeth. High moral character,
ethics, and conduct are mandatory.
- Perform oral examinations of hard and soft tissue while working
with patients to maintain and restore quality health to everything
within the mouth.
- Examine teeth and diagnose patients' dental conditions byusing
tools such as x-rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic
- Clean, restore, extract, and perform oral replace teeth, using
rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and/or
- Evaluate the current health and condition of the patient's
teeth to determine diagnosis of dental condition, if any.
- Completes treatment planned procedures that are agreed upon by
patient and parent/guardian, such as restoring teeth affected by
decay and treating gum disease.
- Perform Dentistry services, including the diagnosis and
treatment of diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums,
and related oral structures.
- Consults with the patients and advises them of their dental
status, prescribes the treatment required, provides risks and
- Perform oral cancer examinations, take and interpret
radiographs and provides limited prosthodontic services.
- Provide dental services at any and/or all HCN dental facilities
as necessary to meet department needs.
- Supervise and evaluate dental students and residents during
their rotations at HCN's dental facilities.
related duties as indicated or when requested by a
- This position requires a high degree of responsibility,
excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability,
problem-solving skills, and written communication skills
- Position requires the ability to work independently and within
a team to meet goals
- Position requires the ability to interact with all departments
and all levels of staff effectively
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees,
including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in
this description, on a temporary or long-term
- Education/Training Level
- Graduation from an accredited school of dentistry (DMD or DDS)
- Must maintain required CE credits to maintain licensure
- Licenses & Certifications
- Possession of a current Florida license to practice
- Current CPR Certification in Basic Life Support
- DEA License
- Communication Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/ English and/or Creole/English
- Technology Skills
- Understanding of and ability to use Electronic Dental
- Experience with Dentrix system preferred
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to walk the equivalent of ___5___ miles per day
- Ability to reach above shoulder level
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Moderate degree of manual dexterity
- Ability to grip
- Ability to bend a knee
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to perform CPR
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with confrontation
- Ability to work alone
Mental and Emotional
- Ability to cope well with stressful situations
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to assist with problem resolution
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience
- Ability to adapt to shift work
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, accepts flexible schedule to meet department needs.
- Evenings, accepts flexible schedule to meet department
- Variable shifts, as scheduled
The duties and
responsibilities, qualifications, physical conditions and other
statements contained herein represent the current general nature of
the job described, and are subject to change at any time, with or
without notice. This job description does not limit in any way the
assignments that may be given to an employee in the job, and
employees are expected to perform any and all duties assigned by
their supervisor willingly and without reservation.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Healthcare Network, Cape Coral , General Dentist | Healthcare Network SWFL, Other , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!