Requisition ID: 47121 Title: Medical Assistant Division:
Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Inc - Family Medical Center
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting in all
aspects of medical practice under the direct supervision and
responsibility of a physician. This practitioner will assist with
patient care management, executes administrative and clinical
procedures, and often performs managerial and supervisory
functions. Competence in the field also requires that a medical
assistant adhere to ethical and legal standards of professional
practice, recognize and respond to emergencies, and demonstrate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing aseptic procedures.
- Taking vital signs.
- Preparing patients for the physician's care.
- Performing venipunctures and nonintravenous injections.
- Observing and reporting patients' signs or symptoms.
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examinations or treatments.
- Operating office medical equipment.
- Collecting routine laboratory specimens as directed by the
- Administering medication as directed by the physician.
- Performing basic laboratory procedures.
- Performing office procedures including all general
administrative duties required by the physician.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required/
- Certification by the American Association of American Medical
Assistants or as a Registered Medical Assistant by the American
Medical Technologists preferred
- EMT or paramedic experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Current certification and skill in basic life support
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Experienced with EMR systems a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with staff which includes: effective communication,
getting along with coworkers and management and dealing efficiently
and professionally under pressure
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PCs, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook, plus any
additional communications equipment as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.