- Naples, FL 34103
- Full Time
- Submissions due by 2021-04-30
The Commercial Lines Account Manager, in cooperation with Client
Advisor, is responsible for assisting new and renewal clients with
service needs on accounts that generate generally more than $2,500
in annual commission. Specific service responsibilities are
assigned per guidelines, procedures, quality and service standards
as stated by the agency. This is a 100% in house position.
Experience: (Type of work experience, minimum number of years of
High School diploma required. Must secure valid 220 license
within 180 days of hire. Minimum 3 years commercial lines customer
service experience or 1 year customer service representative
experience and 2 years as a customer service assistant.
Special Technical and Administrative Knowledge:
Must have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn
agency automation system and other automation/internet programs as
required. Proficient in the use of windows based operating system
and Microsoft Office products (2007 or above), including Word,
Excel and Outlook. Strong typing skills. Effective communication
skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and
ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
Special Skills and Abilities:
Ability to learn agency automation system and internet programs
as required. Can accurately copy data from one source to another.
Must have the ability to read, understand, and interpret policy
change requests and communicate the request clearly to the
insurance company. Ability to communicate orally and in writing
with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret
complex information and respond appropriately. Must have the
ability to pay close attention to detail, respond to multiple
requests effectively and to delegate work efficiently to support
staff. Interacts with others effectively, cooperates positively and
provides information and guidance as needed to contribute to the
business efforts of the agency.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be
- Advise and assist clients by explaining coverage
options/exclusions, making coverage recommendations, requesting
policy changes, handling premium collections, and answering
questions and concerns of the client. Responds to client service
requests in a timely manner that will avoid potential E&O
- Provide in house customer service to clients as assigned and
- Review aged receivables and send out direct notice of
cancellation per agency procedures. Through service touch points,
review current coverage, recommend changes in coverage or markets,
and actively solicit increase in coverage or rounding out of
Review with Client Advisor and invoice all audits. Follow
company directions for disputed audits.
- Provide service and support to Client Advisors on existing
accounts and assist them in their delivery of commitments to
- Initiates renewal reviews and re-markets as appropriate, to
provide the client with the optimal solution in the coverage of
their assets and the retention of the client. Prepares summaries of
insurance and recommends coverage's to avoid potential E&O
- Process surplus lines agency bill renewals and re-market to an
admitted carrier whenever possible.
- Review renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be
rewritten in a standard market. Prepare rewrite applications.
- Re-marketing of a renewal to provide best option(s) available
to client in current market conditions.
- Review and underwrite renewals for the Cincinnati Insurance
Company and provide renewal instructions to Account Service
Assistant in compliance with company guidelines.
Receive and review cancellations and act to save accounts.
Determine necessary action, and notify Client Advisor as
- Maintains client accounts on agency automation system,
documents conversations, properly attaches documents to on On-Base,
sends confirmations to insured's and adheres to all other
automation procedures that are or become established. Maintains
follow-up and suspense system for outstanding orders and
correspondence, follows-up on overdue and suspense items. Responds
to carrier requests for additional information in a timely manner.
All of this is done in a manner to avoid potential E&O
- Participate in seminars and other training for knowledge and
- Some training of other employees may be required.
- Provide backup in other areas as assigned.
- Perform other duties and special projects at Management's
- Help develop efficiencies in automation and paper flow.
- Keep Client Advisors fully informed of important activities on
all accounts and up-to-date regarding status of TOP accounts.
Stay abreast of trends, products, pricing and competitive
markets, have working knowledge of all agency and company changes