Sr. Software Engineer - AWS Platform
Company: TSR Consulting
Posted on: November 21, 2022
About TSR: TSR is a relationship-based, customer-focused IT and
technical services staffing company. For over 40 years TSR, Inc.
and its wholly owned subsidiary, TSR Consulting Services, have
prospered in the Information Technology staffing business, earning
the respect of companies both large and small with well refined
candidate screening, timely placement, and a real understanding of
the right skill sets required by our clients. Mission & Vision We
do not believe in building a vision around the company but building
a company around our vision, which is simply; Every employee's
voice matters, their effort is appreciated, and their talent is
rewarded. We challenge each employee daily, to raise the bar on how
we treat our consultants and candidates. For far too long in this
industry, candidates have been ghosted, lied to, or placed at a
client and then forgotten about. Each day our staff works
tirelessly at qualifying and placing, top talent with our clients,
in a compassionate and caring manner. Not every candidate is a
match for the job, but every candidate and consultant will be
treated with respect and professionalism.Sr. Software Engineer -
AWS PlatformJob Description
- Location: Naples, Florida
- Type: Direct Placement
- Job #73978 Our client, a leading global medical device company,
is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer - AWS Platform on a full time
basis. Work Location Fort Myers, FL or Boston/MA Summary REQUIRED:
We are looking for a candidate with a BS degree, 5 years of
hands-on experience developing and managing robust,
high-availability production systems, 5 years of experience working
alongside a software development team with knowledge of the entire
software development lifecycle, experience managing relational
database servers and query optimization preferred. Knowledge of
SQL, experience provisioning and managing cloud services Nice to
have:5 years of Amazon Web Service management Range for the role is
$85-130's with a 10% annual bonus and full benefits Sr Software
Engineer - AWS Platform Location: Ft Myers, FL We would like this
position to sit with us in Ft Myers to work directly with the team
with a partial-flexible WFH policy in effect. Generous relocation
package offered! Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides the best practices, patterns, vision, and growth of the
application and automation infrastructure.
- Leads the maintenance and development of infrastructure systems
- Develops and maintains automation systems for continuous
integration & deployment.
- Monitors applications for abnormalities and proposes areas for
improvement in regards to availability and speed of the
- Is available to respond to critical infrastructure related
events if an issue is escalated.
- Works with Information Security and Infrastructure teams to
ensure technology and infrastructure complies with corporate
policies and aligns with global business needs.
- Assists in producing platform documentation and standard
- Assist with production support tickets as they relate to the
platform. Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the
general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed
additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by
management. Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, in Computer Science or related
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience developing and
managing robust, high-availability production systems
- 5 years of experience working alongside a software development
team with knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle
- 5 years of Amazon Web Service management preferred
- Experience with container virtualization such as Docker
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban are a plus.
- Experience managing relational database servers and query
optimization preferred. Knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with management of Linux servers in a production
environment. Experience with Debian is a plus.
- Experience provisioning and managing cloud services is
required. Experience with Amazon's web services strongly
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Cloudformation
or Terraform is a plus.
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools
(CircleCI, Browserstack, Runscope, etc.). Knowledge and Skill
Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Solid understanding of development/coding methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting languages such
as POSIX shell scripting (e.g. Bash), Ruby, Python is required.
Knowledge of web development frameworks such as Ruby on Rails is a
- Knowledge of high-availability concepts and experience with
deployment of high-availability applications.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong
attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Machine,
Tools, and/or Equipment Skills: Experience working with code
editors, team collaboration software. Individual must feel
comfortable using the command line. Experience with Mac OS X is a
Keywords: TSR Consulting, Cape Coral , Sr. Software Engineer - AWS Platform, IT / Software / Systems , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!