Senior SAP QA
Company: Ranger Technical Resources
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Senior SAP QA #1714Position Summary:An industry leading medical
device manufacturing organization is looking for a Senior SAP QA to
join their expanding team! In this role, you will utilize your
strong experience with testing principles, procedures, tools, and
techniques to lead a dynamic testing team and be responsible for
all testing activities. You will get to be at the forefront of
complex assignments in large implementations and major release
projects. In addition, you will perform coordination &
collaboration functions across SAP & non-SAP app teams while
getting the chance to collaborate with internal stakeholders. The
ideal candidate for this role has excellent communication and
presentation skills with a high attention to detail &
accuracy.Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Experience with performance testing of packaged, custom
developed (.Net/Java), and mobile applications
- Experience with testing business applications running on web,
client server, and mobile platforms required, including performance
of OS and browser compatibility testing
- Experience in testing emergency application defects in
production systems, system patches, maintenance releases,
enhancement releases, and implementations of new applications
- Experience with Software Development Life cycle and SQA's role
in it through proven explanation of the process
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification (CTFL), a plusTechnology
Skills and Strengths:
- Relational databases (SQL, Oracle, or XML)
- Database querying
- Testing web services
- Test Automation tools (HP UFT, SolMan CBTA, Selenium, or
- Test Management tool (SolMan, SpiraTest, Zephyr Scale, or
- Running scripts, a plus
- SOLMAN 7.2, a plusPrimary Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead large and complex release projects including all
testing activities - test planning; project estimation and
scheduling; resource planning, training, and oversight; test
development; test execution; defect management; daily/weekly status
reporting; and project closure.
- Apply test methodology, define test strategy and types of
testing to be performed, and ensure comprehensive testing is
performed on the project to assure the quality of an application's
usability, functionality, security, and performance.
- Ensure the company's SQA standards and procedures are followed
by test team, fully responsible for the entire testing
- Handle technically complex testing assignments including
integrations with other systems, performance testing if
- Handle migration of data from one database or system to another
in large implementation or major release projects.
- Work with infrastructure and application development teams to
establish and maintain test environments.
- Communicate issues found during testing activities to
application development team lead and manager.
- Assist in the triage and resolution, often advising on
design/architectural solutions, and provide recommended
process/application improvements to management.
- Represent SQA on application/project teams and in software
development, project planning, and requirement gathering
- Attend project status meetings and provide SQA status, work
with PM to define SQA tasks and estimates for the project
- Manage SQA tasks and deadlines, as test lead, for individual or
- Define and track SQA metrics such as requirements coverage,
test case readiness, test execution progress, and defect count and
statistics in test management tool or oversee and review the
delegation of these tasks.
- Evaluate software defect trends and works with application
development teams to improve coding and unit testing practices to
reduce defects in subsequent builds/releases and improve code
quality upon turnover to SQA.
- Develop, and/or oversee the development and review of, all
testing artifacts - test cases, automated test scripts, test plan
document, test summary report, and requirement traceability matrix
- in test management tool and SQA project repository Document
Management system using standard templates.
- Perform peer reviews and internal audits of project
- Prepare knowledge documents and provide cross training to team
- Act as application SME and therefore is the point of contact
within SQA for education of testers on a specific
- Lead a test team, under limited supervision of SQA manager or
supervisor with latitude for independent judgement, to evaluate
computer software applications used by various business units
within the company.
- Mentor junior-level analysts and assist with managing their
daily tasks, providing performance feedback, and developing
- Lead and oversee test automation activities for products
assigned, including understanding the automation framework,
consulting with automation developers on development of
scripts/object repository, and planning for the execution and
maintenance of automation scripts.
- Assist in release management /production deployment
- May participate in or lead scrum/agile teams in implementing
behavior driven development or some other form of accelerated
software engineering practices.
- May assist business analysts in UAT and with end user
- Follow, enforce, and advise on improvements to SQA standards,
procedures, and processes.
Keywords: Ranger Technical Resources, Cape Coral , Senior SAP QA, IT / Software / Systems , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!