Posted on: June 19, 2022
System ID: 797298
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: NORTH NAPLES HOSPITAL
Unit Contact: 2396243045
Target Hourly Rate: 16 UNIT DESCRIPTION Sodexo new hires will be
paid a Temporary Shift Premium for all hours worked at a rate of
$3.00 per hour. Attention: Hiring Bonus You are eligible for a
BONUS of $600 upon hire. This Bonus will be paid after your
employment start date as follows: First Installment - $200 after
your 60 th Day of employment Second Installment - $200 after your
120 th day of employment Third/Final Installment - $200 after your
180 th day of employment As a condition of employment, newly hired
employees must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (with documented
verification). Come join Sodexo at Naples Community Hospitals
Health Systems and be part of a healing environment where we as
high-energy individuals make a difference in the lives of our
patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute
to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive
interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing
delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Consideration for a conditional job offer include job/position
experience, communication skill level, and customer service skill
level. Job offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and
additional preemployment screenings that may be included in the
hiring process Location: This location is accessible by public
transportation . North Naples Hospital 11190 Health Park Blvd
Naples, FL 34110 Work Schedule: Varies, though typically Monday
through Friday with alternating weekends and alternating Holidays.
Base rate of pay is $ 16.00 /hour. Your job offer rate of pay may
be higher because of job experience, communication skill level and
customer service skill level.
- PLUS an afternoon shift differential of $1.25/hour
- PLUS a midnight shift differential of $1.95/hour
- PLUS a weekend shift differential of $2.00/hour Benefits for
Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (co-pay for Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life/Accident Insurance)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement)
- Employee Discounts You will be provided all training and
personal protective equipment (PPE), including uniforms, to keep
you and your family safe and healthy. You may purchase and use
payroll deduction for slip-resistant shoes through our favored
supplier. Complimentary meals are provided for Patient Nutrition
Services (Food) Department employees during work hours. #CB #PM #HS
Benefits Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe
every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part
of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help
you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and
vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits,
which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo.
We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and
savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and
other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). Position Summary The Cook II will
accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a
variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to
include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements. General
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short and broader
- May produce food and serve customers at an a la carte or may
operate a grill station.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal,
state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure
high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food
required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Produces small to large batch goods using advanced and full
range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food
items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
procedures preferred. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and
techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation. General
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Cape Coral , Cook II, Hospitality & Tourism , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!