Food Service Worker
Posted on: May 15, 2022
System ID: 797281
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: NAPLES COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Unit Contact: 2396243045
Target Hourly Rate: 12 UNIT DESCRIPTION Sodexo new hires will be
paid a Temporary Shift Premium for all hours worked at a rate of
$3.00 per hour. Attention: Hiring Bonus You are eligible for a
BONUS of $600 upon hire. This Bonus will be paid after your
employment start date as follows: First Installment - $200 after
your 60 th Day of employment Second Installment - $200 after your
120 th day of employment Third/Final Installment - $200 after your
180 th day of employment As a condition of employment, newly hired
employees must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (with documented
verification). Come join Sodexo at Naples Community Hospitals
Health Systems and be part of a healing environment where we as
high-energy individuals make a difference in the lives of our
patients and their visitors. Every day, our team members contribute
to enhancing the patient's experience with their positive
interactions by maintaining a clean environment or by providing
delicious, nutritious meals. We help people lead healthier lives.
Consideration for a conditional job offer include job/position
experience, communication skill level, and customer service skill
level. Job offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully
passing a pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, and
additional preemployment screenings that may be included in the
hiring process Location: This location is accessible by public
transportation . NCH Baker Hospital Downtown 350 7 th Street North
Naples, FL 34102 Work Schedule: Varies, though typically Monday
through Friday with alternating weekends and alternating Holidays.
Base rate of pay is $ 12.00 /hour. Your job offer rate of pay may
be higher because of job experience, communication skill level and
customer service skill level.
- PLUS an afternoon shift differential of $1.25/hour
- PLUS a midnight shift differential of $1.95/hour
- PLUS a weekend shift differential of $2.00/hour Benefits for
Full-Time employees include:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (co-pay for Medical, Dental, Vision,
Disability, Life/Accident Insurance)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement)
- Employee Discounts You will be provided all training and
personal protective equipment (PPE), including uniforms, to keep
you and your family safe and healthy. You may purchase and use
payroll deduction for slip-resistant shoes through our favored
supplier. Complimentary meals are provided for Patient Nutrition
Services (Food) Department employees during work hours. #CB #HS #PM
Benefits Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe
every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part
of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help
you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and
vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits,
which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo.
We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and
savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and
other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). Position Summary The Food Service
Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This
person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and
steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment
and work stations. The general responsibilities of the position
include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix,
wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs
for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and
properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature
requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all
Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May work on a trayline to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required. Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Cape Coral , Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!