Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Punta Gorda
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Surgery Scheduler today with HCA
Florida Neurosurgery.BenefitsHCA Florida Neurosurgery, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Surgery Scheduler. We care for our
community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Obtains CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical
information as required for treatment of the patient from practice
staff; seeks assistance from practice and Facility Coders as
determined through practice and facility processes.
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare
Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows
practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with
Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is
streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as
determined through Facility processes. Ensures all requirements for
the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or
other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed
- Ensures scheduling packets are correct and timely.
- Obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to
obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Obtains authorization notes from Facility and scans into
medical record or practice management system.
- Collects necessary and appropriate physician and practice fees
associated with the procedure.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center or
Facility before scheduling the patient.
- Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and Facility
schedule which could include awareness of provider's schedule and
coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences
and continuing medical education.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Practice Manager
or designee as they arise.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
- Maintain surgery logs or other required practice or case
tracking logs. BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
- Supports and adheres to all company and practice policies and
- Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and
Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
- Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which
specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including
compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality
improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk
- Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change
practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances
teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies. EDUCATION:
- High school degree preferred EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting
highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital,
doctors office) preferred. CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
- BLS may be required as per practice standard.Physician Services
Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care
operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate
medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and
170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare's graduate medical
education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional
resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out
value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver
patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment
to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put
the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great
institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity
for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Surgery Scheduler opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Cape Coral , Surgery Scheduler, Healthcare , Punta Gorda, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!