RN TSP Open Heart OR 8HR - OR - Operating Room
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: January 21, 2023
RN TSP Open Heart OR 8HRTSP Full-Time
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse Operating Room independently plans,
implements, and evaluated nursing care in patient care situations
using standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct
nursing care to patients. Assumes teaching and leadership
responsibilities. Participates in unit committee and quality
improvement activities. Needs minimal supervision.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is able to locate and document medical and nursing patient care
information in the electronic or paper medical record.
* Utilizes appropriate interview techniques to obtain history
within the time frame of unit policy and provides appropriate
* Identifies standards of care common to patient population, i.e.
age specific, barriers to learning.
* Delivers patient care and treatment using problem-solving skills
and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medication dosages for patient
population served. Administers medication safely and accurately,
and utilizes available resources when questions arise.
* Evaluates outcomes of care to determine if patient needs were
* Chart forms are completed fully; no blanks left and are
* Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints, and offers
constructive suggestions. Uses chain-of-command for problem-solving
and conflict resolution.
* Completes care assignments in a reasonable amount of time.
* Reports to oncoming shift the care that should be provided and/or
needs that have yet to be addressed.
* Follows hospital standards related to Kronos system.
* Accepts responsibility for own learning needs. Attends courses
and in-services offered. Maintains clinical skills specifically
required on unit. Maintains knowledge of current policies.
* Attentive to assignment activities and anticipates the needs of
the surgeon and team members.
* Serves as a preceptor for new employees, coworkers and students
and evaluates their performance by validating clinical and
technical skills and interpersonal interactions.
* Maintains communication with patient family/significant other as
patient progresses through continuum of care.
* Taking on call will be required.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* 2 years of recent CVOR experience is required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from
American Heart Association.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN TSP Open Heart OR 8HR - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!