RN First Assistant OR NN 8H - OR - Operating Room
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: November 21, 2022
RN First Assistant OR NN 8HFull-Time
350 7th St North
* $10,000 Sign On Bonus
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse First Assistant acts as first assistant to
the physicians, assisting in the intra-operative phase including
draping, suturing, clamping, and exposure of the surgical field.
This position is skilled in assisting on surgical procedures on
patients from all age groups and surgical modalities including
robotics within scope of practice.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate and document medical and nursing patient care
information in the electronic or paper medical record.
* Utilizes appropriate interview techniques to obtain history
within the time frame of unit policy and provides appropriate
* Identifies standards of care common to patient population, i.e.
age specific, barriers to learning.
* Delivers patient care and treatment using problem-solving skills
and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medication dosages for patient
population served. Administers medication safely and accurately,
and utilizes available resources when questions arise.
* Evaluates outcomes of care to determine if patient needs were
* Chart forms are completed fully; no blanks left and are
* Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints and offers
constructive suggestions. Uses chain-of command for problem-solving
and conflict resolution.
* Completes care assignments in a reasonable amount of time.
* Reports to oncoming shift the care that should be provided and/or
needs that have yet to be addressed.
* Follows hospital standards related to Kronos system.
* Accepts responsibility for own learning needs. Attends courses
and in-services offered. Maintains clinical skills specifically
required on unit. Maintains knowledge of current policies.
* Attentive to assignment activities and anticipates the needs of
the surgeon and team members.
* Serves as a preceptor for new employees, coworkers and students
and evaluates their performance by validating clinical and
technical skills and interpersonal interactions.
* Maintains communication with patient family/significant other as
patient progresses through continuum of care.
* Taking on call may be required.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* Minimum of 2 years in perioperative nursing, which includes
demonstrated proficiency in perioperative nursing practice as both
a scrub and circulating nurse.
* Successful completion of a Registered Nurse First Assistant
course approved by a Florida Board of Nursing provider.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from
American Heart Association.
* Can demonstrate knowledge regarding the nursing process and its
application by current work experience in health care.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN First Assistant OR NN 8H - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!