RN Endoscopy NN - Endoscopy
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: November 21, 2022
RN Endoscopy NNFull-Time
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The Endoscopy Registered Nurse independently plans, implements,
and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using
standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing
care to patients. Assumes teaching and leadership responsibilities.
Participates in unit committee and quality improvement activities.
Needs minimal supervision.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is able to locate and document medical and nursing patient care
information in the electronic or paper medical record.
* Able to pull up lab results using order entry computer.
* Knows that the medical record is the principal source of patient
related information. Is able to locate pertinent information in the
* Performs thorough admission assessment, utilizes appropriate
interview techniques to obtain history within the time frame of
* Prioritizes assessment/reassessments as patient condition
* Assesses age-specific needs to patient population served.
* Assesses barriers to learning and utilizes findings.
* Identifies and prioritizes patient needs while evaluating data.
Utilizes standards of nursing care to develop a sound functional
plan of care.
* Implements nursing care in an organized and efficient manner.
Evaluates effectiveness and interventions using critical thinking
* Diligently checks emergency equipment and supplies when
* Delivers patient care and treatment using problem-solving
* Initiates and coordinates patient/family teaching using
individualized effective teaching methods.
* Evaluates outcomes of care to determine if patient needs were
* Computerized documentation and chart forms are completed fully;
no blanks left and are legible.
* Positive and effective interaction skills through verbal and
nonverbal communication with patients, families, peers, superiors,
* Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints, and offers
* Uses chain-of-command for problem-solving and conflict
* Prioritizes patient treatment to best meet patient needs.
* Completes care assignments in a reasonable amount of time.
* Progress reports are made to the Charge Nurse as indicated. Knows
when to ask for assistance.
* Follows hospital standards related to Kronos system.
* Knowledge of the use of the supply system and efficiently
dispenses patient care items.
* Accepts responsibility for own learning needs. Attends courses
and in-services offered. Maintains clinical skills specifically
required on unit. Maintains knowledge of current policies.
* Performs cleaning and maintenance of scopes and equipment.
Identify repair needs.
* Able to identify various endoscopes and se appropriately per
* Serves as preceptor and/or mentor to new employees and
* Adhere to infection control policies regarding
* Actively assists and supports departmental activities to ensure
that operational and salary expenses are equal to or less than
* Understands the principles and concepts of Performance
Improvement. Looks for opportunities and solutions for process
improvements and seeks to improve job skills.
* Maintains the principles of confidentiality and HIPPA.
Understands the legal/regulatory requirements related to the
release of information. Able to use the information systems
pertinent to the job.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required.
* ACLS Certification.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN Endoscopy NN - Endoscopy, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!