RN TSP PACU - Seasonal - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: November 22, 2022
RN TSP PACU - SeasonalSeasonal Full-Time
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The PACU Registered Nurse independently plans, implements, and
evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using standards
of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care in
patient care situations using standards of care and policy and
procedure. Provide direct nursing care to patients. Assumes
teaching and leadership responsibilities. Participates in unit
committee and quality improvement activities. Need minimal
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to locate and document medical and nursing patient care
information in the electronic or paper medical record.
* Performs thorough admission assessment, utilizes appropriate
interview techniques to obtain history within the time frame of
unit policy and provides appropriate intervention.
* Delivers patient care and treatment using problem-solving skills
and critical thinking skills.
* Knowledge of medication dosages for patient population served.
Administers medication safely and accurately, and utilizes
available resources when questions arise.
* Initiates and coordinates patient/family teaching using
individualized effective teaching methods.
* Evaluates outcomes of care to determine if patient needs were
* Computerized documentation and paper forms completed fully; no
blanks left and are legible.
* Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints and offers
constructive suggestions. Uses chain-of-command for problem-solving
and conflict resolution.
* Follows hospital standards related to Kronos system.
* Accepts responsibility for own learning needs. Attends courses
and in-services offered. Maintains clinical skills specifically
required on unit. Maintains knowledge of current policies.
* Maintains communication with patient family/significant other as
patient progresses through continuum of care.
* Identifies standards of care common to patient population, i.e.
age specifics and barriers to learning.
* Willingly assists as needed in all peri-anesthesia settings
including the preoperative area, PACU, and the Endoscopy PACU.
* Maintains the principles of confidentiality and HIPPA.
Understands the legal/regulatory requirements related to the
release of information. Able to use the information systems
pertinent to the job.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* 2 years of experience in PACU as a RN required.
* BLS for Healthcare Providers from American Heart Association
required at time of hire.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows
* ACLS certification required at time of hire
* PALS certification must be acquired within first 90 days.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN TSP PACU - Seasonal - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!