RN Emergency NN SSP - ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: September 23, 2022
RN Emergency NN SSPSeasonal Full-Time
350 7th St North
* Our seasonal Supplemental Staffing Program (SSP) offers full and
part time positions. Flexible start dates available for 13 weeks or
more starting in the Fall. Exact starts and length will be
determined upon interview.
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department independently
plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care
situations using standards of care, policy and procedure. Provides
direct nursing care to patients, assumes teaching and leadership
responsibilities. Participates in shared decision making, unit
committee and quality improvement activities. Needs minimal
supervision. Primary role of RN is the care for all types and age
groups of emergency and minor care patients.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops plan that includes strategies to attain expected
* Implements the plan of care interventions and medical plan of
care as appropriate.
* Coordinates care delivery.
* Employs patient teaching to promote health and safety.
* Contributes to quality nursing practice and shared decision
making (SDM) by supporting council decisions, implementation of
decisions and active participation in SDM.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting.
* Collaborate with patient, family, the inter-professional team,
and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
* Uses the appropriate aged Adult or Pediatric Triage Assessment
sheet which utilizes the five-tiered system.
* Monitoring Skills: cardiac rhythm interpretation, pulse oximetry,
hemodynamic measurements and interpretation.
* Maintenance of Emergency Department specific certifications, BLS,
ACLS, and PALS. (PALS certification-of Emergency Department
* Safe use, knowledge and troubleshooting of equipment specific to
the Emergency Department.
* nnel and is welcoming to all employees' serves as preceptor.
* Cross-train to all areas of the Emergency Department including
EDX and MIN ADULT ED.
* Accountable and responsible for the care of admitted patients and
for completion of inpatient orders of patients waiting for
* Maintains continuum of care by referral of patients to the Follow
Up Nurse, Case Manager or appropriate community agencies.
* Assists peers with assignments by being aware of activities
within the department, assists peers without prompting and responds
to needs in other areas.
* Flexible in rotation of schedules to meet the needs of the
department and cooperate with whatever decision is most likely to
benefit the team, receptive to new ideas.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida.
* Minimum of 2yrs of recent experience as Emergency RN
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) ACLS and PALS certifications
required from American Heart Association.
* ENPC desirable.
* TNCC desirable.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN Emergency NN SSP - ICU - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!