Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN - Naples
Company: Homecare Holdings
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Provides coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age
groups under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
Participates in the coordination of care.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care, as developed, delegated and
supervised by the Physical Therapist. Completes appropriate
documentation in a timely manner.
- Administers non-complex active and passive manual therapeutic
exercises, therapeutic massage, traction, heat, light, cold, water
and electrical modalities to patients.
- Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions
in performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and
transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills
to provide patient and care giver education.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other
third-party payors, through education, coaching, and other
assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Participates in the Agency's QAPI program.
- Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Promotes the Agency philosophy and administrative
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
competency.Physical, Mental, Miscellaneous Demands
- Ability to do heavy lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, and
standing. Prolonged standing and walking required.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient and family
individualized psychosocial needs.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have and maintain valid Driver's License, and proof of
current valid auto liability insurance.
- Requires current CPR certificate, and the ability to maintain a
current CPR certificate.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds
continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data
and figures, records, reports, visual inspection involving small
details. Although important, depth perception and field of vision
(peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish
small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise
manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of
muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and make
self-understood effectively in face-to-face interactions;
articulate with accuracy to communicate using phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions
correctly, answer phones, communicate professionally with people in
situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with frequent
interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes
at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one
at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to
remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to
several day periods.
- Position requires sitting approximately 60% of time
standing/stooping/bending/ climbing approximately 20% of time; and
walking approximately 20% of time.
- Excellent computer software skills necessary to produce
accurate documents and materials required.
- Requires ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
exercise excellent, sound professional judgment and maintain
confidentiality.Education: Graduate of an accredited school of
physical therapy assistant with an Associate Degree in Physical
Therapy. -Licensure: Current State License or a multi-state license
issued by a state member of the Physical Therapist Licensure
Compact (PTLC), if practicing in a state member of the PTLC, to
practice Physical Therapy, or if licensure does not apply, meets
one of the requirements listed in 42 CFR -484.115(I). Experience:
One year experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant, preferred.
-Skills: Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act
and other regulatory agencies. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of
current CPR. Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
-Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver's License,
and valid and current auto liability insurance. -Environmental
/Working Conditions: Works in a health care facility or patients'
homes in various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily
fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work a flexible
schedule; ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant
weather. -We offer the following competitive benefits to support
you, your family, and your furry family members too!
- Newly improved mileage reimbursement
- Newly improved benefits packages
- Pet Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays...plus 2 bonus floating holidays!
- Family Medical Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Plan with a Company Match
- Legal Aid
- Identify Theft Plan
- Perks and Discounts
Keywords: Homecare Holdings, Cape Coral , Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN - Naples, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!