Registered Nurse - Float Pool - Float
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Registered Nurse - Float PoolJob Description East Naples,
Florida Job ID R0015016
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse (CAP RN 2) position may be an
entry level CAP designation for new employees that meet the CAP RN
2 criteria or attained through advancement by the CAP RN 1. The CAP
RN 2 is accountable and responsible for the provision and
coordination of clinically competent care including assessment
planning intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of
As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) health care team
the CAP RN 2 participates in decision-making teaching leadership
functions and quality improvement activities that enhance patient
care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy procedures standards
of nursing practice state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Clinical Manager and with the guidance from the Educator Preceptor
or a CAP RN 2 3 4 or 5 for the first 3 months of employment.
* Required to complete CAP program requirements to either maintain
the CAP RN 2 level or advance to CAP RN 3.
* Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post hemodialysis treatment for assigned
patients and documents in the patient medical record makes
adjustments or modifications to treatment plan as indicated and
notifies Team Leader Charge Nurse Clinical Manager or Physician as
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input.
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Directs and provides all aspects of the daily provision of safe
and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to assigned
* Administers medications as prescribed or in accordance with
approved algorithm(s) and documents appropriate medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Ensures correct laboratory collection processing and shipping
procedures are performed and reschedules missed or insufficient
* Ensures physician orders for assigned patients are entered and
acknowledged in the Medical Record.
* Initiates or assists with emergency response measures.
* Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
* Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
* Promotes infection control equipment and environmental
* Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs including direct and ancillary patient care staff to
provide initial and ongoing education to patients and family.
* Serves as a leader coach mentor and role model for new and
incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate behavior
work habits and attitudes towards patients co-workers supervisors
and the company at the facility and area level. May serve as a
Preceptor to new employees.
* As a Preceptor fulfills the following:
* Demonstrates reinforces and encourages attitudes and actions
which are consistent with FKC Mission and Core Values.
* Follows schedule established by the Education Department to
ensure that information presented in class is applied in the
* Seeks opportunities for new employees and communicates progress
to Clinical Manager. Provides feedback about new employee's
progress to the CM and the Education Department using evaluation
tools and direct communication.
* Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
* Maintains direct supervision of the new employee until the
employee is released to work independently by the Education
Department and CM.
* Encourages the new employee to function independently within the
constraints of the training schedule and supplies positive feedback
as well as suggestions to improve knowledge and skills.
* Performs essential functions of a Team Leader as assigned by the
Clinical Manager or Charge Nurse
* Performs essential functions of a designated Nurse in charge as
assigned by the Clinical Manager.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in the assessment
and development of patient plans of care.
* Identifies expected outcomes documents and updates the nursing
assessment and plan of care for assigned patients through
collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
* Ensures patient awareness related to transplant and treatment
* Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as
appropriate for individual patient education and counseling.
* Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and supplies
daily as assigned.
* Assists with medication tracking and inventory as assigned.
* Serves as a resource for health care team participates in staff
training orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
* Supports and promotes the FMCNA's mission vision values and
customer service philosophy.
* Provides education to staff members regarding updates to policy
and procedures as directed by Supervisor.
* Participates in education and quality improvement projects at the
facility and area level as directed by Supervisor.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance. This
position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing and the
employee must be able to bend over. The employee may occasionally
be required to move with assistance machines and equipment of up to
200 lbs. and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs.
as high as 5 feet. The work environment is characteristic of a
health care facility with air temperature control and moderate
noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* Day to day work includes desk work computer work and interaction
with patients facility/hospital staff and physicians. The position
may require travel to training sites or other facilities.
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
* Assigned oversight of patient care technicians/LPNs as a Team
Leader or designated Nurse in charge after the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and training
requirements for new employees plus
* Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in chronic
* Achieve and maintain all CAP RN 2 level criteria.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which he or
she is employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with 2 years or more of nephrology nursing
experience within the last two years or BSN plus 1 year of
nephrology nursing experience within the last two years.
* Chronic hemodialysis experience (preferred).
* Successful completion of FKC Education and Training requirements
for new employees.
* Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
* Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
* Successful completion of all annual required
* Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Cape Coral , Registered Nurse - Float Pool - Float, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!