RN Stroke Coordinator 6S DT - Administrative
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: September 17, 2022
RN Stroke Coordinator 6S DTFull-Time
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The RN Stroke Coordinator acts as a patient care resource
professional to patients and their family, nursing, physicians,
allied health professionals, and community members in the care of
patients with acute stroke. Key functions include Data Management,
Education, Performance Improvement, Regulatory compliance, and
Customer/ Patient Satisfaction. The Stroke Coordinator plays a
vital role collaborating with our System Stroke Coordinator in
maintaining compliance to Joint Commission and Agency for
Healthcare Administration Primary and Comprehensive Stroke Center
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise regarding evidenced based
practices in the care of stroke patients.
* Builds trusting, collaborative relationships with staff, peers,
other disciplines ancillary services, physician's vendors and
* Demonstrates accuracy and proficiency in data management.
Performs concurrent and retrospective chart review and data
abstraction. Maintains the stroke database in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and teamwork skills.
* Implements patient teaching tools, provides patient education and
evaluates the effectiveness of stroke patient education at NCH.
* Assists planning and coordination of community education programs
related to stroke. Participates in community activities to promote
stroke prevention and awareness in the community.
* Coordinates the care of stroke patients throughout the continuum
of care. Responds to Code Save a Brain alerts and aggressively
facilitates care provided during acute stroke.
* Provides off shift coverage for Code Save A Brain alerts.
* Participates in stroke rounds on each campus. Identifies
opportunities to meet and document clinical practice guidelines.
Provides staff education to promote compliance to best
* Demonstrates ability to work autonomously, possesses excellent
problem solving skills, and is able to complete assigned duties
with timeframe given.
* Maintains clinical knowledge and skills for the stroke patient
populations. Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing personal and
professional growth through internal and external learning
* Effectively collaborates with the System Stroke Coordinator and
Stroke Program Medical director(s) in the development and
maintenance of current evidence-based power plans used as a
framework for stroke care at NCH.
* Is inclusive of and collaborates well with hospital departments
to facilitate high quality stroke care throughout the
* Makes effective oral presentations to diverse audiences regarding
the care and treatment of stroke patients.
* Follows hospital policies related to time and attendance.
* Program activities designed to meet and exceed the expectations
of patients and all other customers we serve.
* Meets and exceeds the expectations of patients and all other
customers we serve.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida
* BSN from accredited Nursing Program
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in clinical required
* Prior experience in stroke care or neurological/neurosurgical
* Demonstrated experience with adult learning principles including
actual teaching experience
* Prior experience with an electronic medical record highly
* Certification in Stroke nursing preferred or achieved within one
year of hire
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN Stroke Coordinator 6S DT - Administrative, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!