RN OR Supervisor DNH - House Supervisor
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: September 17, 2022
RN OR Supervisor DNHFull-Time
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The RN OR Shift Supervisor supervises and coordinates the daily
operations of the operating room suite in order to ensure
operational efficiency of the daily OR schedule. Works with members
of the multidisciplinary team to assure lines of communication are
open and processes for quality patient care and problem resolution
are in place. Understands, utilizes and is able to interpret and
follow hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This
position participates in unit committee and quality improvement
activities. Needs minimal supervision.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dynamic, rapid, and complex decision making to assure patient
safety and OR department flow are maintained at all times by
balancing OR case schedule, skill mix of staff, surgeon and
anesthesia schedule and available resources.
* Exemplifies patient advocacy with physicians, staff, family, and
proactively resolves issues.
* Promotes effective communication between members of the
* Works effectively and cooperatively with others to meet
departmental goals and objectives.
* Acts as a catalyst for change and mentors others in adapting to
* Utilizes and is able to interpret for other hospital and
departmental policies and procedures.
* Regularly reviews the OR and CVOR schedule well in advance of
surgery date and provides recommendations for reorganizing cases to
* Consistently plans for patient care needs by reviewing
appropriateness of scheduled cases and availability of
supplies/equipment and staff.
* Coordinates the processing of patients to maximize patient flow
and reduce OR delays.
* Provides direction to staff regarding case changes and keeps
members of the healthcare team informed of issues.
* Acts decisively and delegates effectively in daily operations and
* Regularly acts as a clinical resource to support the nursing
staff for problem identification and resolution.
* Demonstrates expertise and promotes staff proficiency in current
and new technology.
* Reviews daily staffing plan and adjusts staff to accommodate the
expected caseload and targeted WHPUOS.
* Completes daily staff assignments and appropriately assigns to
cases based on skill set and experience.
* Coordinates the assignment of new orientees, students and nurse
interns with the OR Educator and works with the OR preceptors to
allow for staff development opportunities.
* Provides direction to the support staff and appropriately assigns
staff to meet workload demand.
* Ensures staff is accountable for assigned responsibilities and
follows when issues develop.
* Provides immediate constructive feedback to staff regarding
expectations of care delivery and standards of excellence.
* Model standards of excellence behavior at all time and provide
immediate service recovery when needed.
* Distributes formal coaching to staff under the direction of the
* Participates in annual performance review process.
* Takes a patient assignment to facilitate flow if needed.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- BSN preferred and will meet timeline to be obtained BSN as
stipulated by nursing administration.
* CNOR preferred.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida
* Basic Life Support (BLS provider) with American Heart Association
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Operating Room nursing
* Supervisor/leadership experience strongly preferred.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN OR Supervisor DNH - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!