Part-Time Registered Nurse - Acute - Naples - Acute Care
Company: DSI Renal, Inc
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Part-Time Registered Nurse - Acute - NaplesThe Acute Registered
Nurse provides acute dialysis care and treatment to patients within
a hospital environment. This position performs duties as assigned
by the Charge Nurse or Acute Manager, including assisting and
supervising Patient Care Technicians and Licensed Vocational
Nurses. Acute nurses may report directly to an Acute Manager,
Administrator or the first line of regional operational management
which may be an Area Director, Regional Director, or Vice President
of Operations, depending on the region/demographics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
* Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve patient
health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
* Ensure patient and treatment charge information and other related
data are accurate and submitted to the appropriate corporate
personnel in a timely manner.
* Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the acute program and hospital.
* Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
* Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
* Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
* Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
* Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting
and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per
* Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis machines
as required by policy and procedures.
* Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and
recording as requested.
* Ensure provision of dialysis related services such as
Hemodialysis, Peritoneal dialysis, Continuous Renal Replacement
Therapy (CRRT) and Plasmapheresis (TPE) if contracted to do so.
* Participate in all JCAHO, CMS, DPH and OSHA surveys as
* Ensure nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is
administered in accordance with physician instructions.
* Inform Acute Manager or Administrator of all incidents,
conditions, and concerns related to patient care, staff and patient
safety, and in accordance with company policy.
* Prepare and maintain dialysis machines and systems per policy:
maintain dialysis records, prepare dialysis water treatment system
for use according to established procedure and understand technical
operations to resolve minor problems independently.
* Notify Bio-Medical Technician regarding machine or water
treatment malfunctions and provide appropriate documentation.
* Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
* Assure proper coordination of care between hospitals and
outpatient dialysis facilities as applicable.
* Maintain communication and continuity of planned care when a
patient is transferred to other company facilities.
* Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and
continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Current RN license in applicable state. License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
* 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred.
* Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on
maintenance dialysis preferred.
* CPR certification required.
* Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical
applications required within 90 days of hire.
* Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
* Ability to meet minimum hospital/agency hiring standards which
may include additional background clearances and orientation
requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: DSI Renal, Inc, Cape Coral , Part-Time Registered Nurse - Acute - Naples - Acute Care, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!