Respiratory Therapist NN - Respiratory Therapist
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Respiratory Therapist NN
350 7th St North
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The Respiratory Therapist will perform all of the duties and
responsibilities of a Licensed Respiratory Therapist according to
NCH policy and procedure. The Therapist will function independently
with minimal supervision in all critical care and non-critical care
areas of the hospital. Patient populations served will include
geriatric, adult, pediatric and infant. The Respiratory Therapist,
under the order of a physician, will assess and provide a plan of
care for any patient with pulmonary disease or related illness.
Procedures and therapy related to critical care will be
administered including, but not limited to mechanical ventilator
management, ventilator interventions, non-invasive ventilation,
endotracheal intubation, airway management, ventilator transports,
assisting with bedside bronchoscopy, apnea testing, extubation,
sterile suctioning, and providing respiratory consultations. Charge
duties will be assigned by the Director or Manager, which include
work assignments, EMR Report maintenance, problem solving between
departments and/or patients as well as responsibility for the
overall provision of Respiratory Care during the duration of the
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly follows all Respiratory Care protocols as ordered and
reports any pertinent changes in care plans.
* Safely and correctly performs arterial puncture to include
Allen's testing. Also, correctly utilizes the blood gas systems to
analyze and report Arterial Blood Gas results as required by
* Identifies and properly operates general Respiratory Care
equipment to include, but not limited to the following: pneumatic
precursors, compressors, bipap units for sleep apnea, disinfection
machines/supplies, nebulizers, MDI & spacers, incentive
spirometers, bedside spirometers, NIF manometers, pulse oximeters,
peak flowmeters, manual resuscitators, oscillatory valves, therapy
vest, pap, and oxygen devices.
* Provides patient and family education regarding CABG, deep
breathing and coughing techniques, pulmonary rehab, and respiratory
* Safely performs patient transports of intubated patients
utilizing the department approved devices.
* Accurately performs bedside testing to include peak flows,
ambulatory oximetry walks, and bedside PFT's. All results will be
reported appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Provides basic emergency airway management including
* Setting up and managing all mechanical ventilators including
modes, appropriate tidal volumes, respiratory rate, pressure
support and peep levels. Also can verbalize the various techniques
used in ventilation to include ATC, Pressure Control, optimal peep
levels and extubation requirements.
* Properly identifies respiratory specific drugs to include proper
dose ranges and intervals of administration. Knows how to report
adverse drug reactions associated with respiratory specific
* Knowledgeable & proficient with all ventilator intervention and
* Attends and/or completes annual clinical competency program.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of Respiratory
* Completed NBRC examination for Registered Respiratory Therapist
* Completed NBRC Examination for Certified Respiratory Therapist
(CRT) and completed NBRC Examination for Registered Respiratory
Therapist (RRT) within twelve months (12) of hire.
* Florida Licensed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
* Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) Florida License and
completed Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Florida License
within twelve months (12) of hire.
* ACLS and PALS are highly recommended.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification from American
Heart Association required.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , Respiratory Therapist NN - Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!