RN CVICU - CVICU
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: August 2, 2022
350 7th St North
* $20,000 Sign On Bonus
* Job Summary:
* The Registered Nurse - Critical Care independently plans,
implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations
using standards of care, policy and procedure. Provides direct
nursing care to patients, assumes teaching and leadership
responsibilities. Participates in shared decision making, unit
committee and quality improvement activities. Needs minimal
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops plan that includes strategies to attain expected
* Implements the plan of care interventions and medical plan of
care as appropriate.
* Coordinates care delivery.
* Employs patient teaching to promote health and safety.
* Evaluates progress toward outcomes.
* Practices ethically.
* Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing
* Integrates evidence and research finding into practice.
* Contributes to quality nursing practice and shared decision
making (SDM) by supporting council decisions, implementation of
decisions and active participation in SDM.
* Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
* Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting.
* Collaborate with patient, family, the inter-professional team,
and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
* Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing
services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
* Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
* Accountable to foster, participate and be knowledgeable with the
shared decision-making model of NCH Healthcare System.
* Completes Adult ICU Systems Assessment and integrates findings
with other aspects of EMR, i.e., testing results, clinical
documentation, etc. to support patient safety and best
* Demonstrates competency with monitoring skills:
* Cardiac rhythm interpretation.
* Pulse oximetry.
* Invasive and non-invasive monitoring waveform interpretation.
* Hemodynamic measurement and interpretation.
* Knowledgeable in indications of critical care specific
medications/infusions and safely administers, titrates and monitors
* Demonstrates safe use, knowledge and troubleshooting of equipment
specific to critical care environment.
* Maintains critical care specific competencies (annually).
* Participates in multi-disciplinary rounds (MDRs).
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in critical care.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice
Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* BSN strongly preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from
American Heart Association
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required from
American Heart Association
* Basic computer knowledge: ability to operate a PC,
create/save/print documents, input data
Additional Requirements for CVRU nurses
* Minimum of 18 months of critical care experience including
experience in post open heart recovery critical care.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN CVICU - CVICU, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!