RN Wound Care NN w/Sign On Bonus - Wound Care
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: July 29, 2022
RN Wound Care NN w/Sign On BonusFull-Time
350 7th St North
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
* Job Summary:
* Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager/Clinical Operations
Manager the Registered Nurse performs the primary function of an RN
in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of
patients in the Wound Healing Center. The Wound Center RN is
responsible for meeting the established WHC Standards of Nursing
Practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists
physicians with the development and implementation of wound
treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review
activities. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws,
Joint Commission Standards and professional and ethical
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates a nursing assessment of patient's condition upon
admission. Assess and interpret reports communicating findings with
assigned physician. Recognize and asses initial alternations in the
patient's body system and verbalize this to other members of the
health care team. Organizes and records assessment data in an
* Assess, stages, and measures wounds accurately and in accordance
with policy. Photograph wounds according to policy and procedure.
Complete in an accurate manner all admission nursing chart
* Assesses compliance to the clinical pathway and be instrumental
in bringing to the attention of the physician or health care team
* Identifies patient care situations that require intervention,
implement nursing actions and evaluate responses. Identify
patient/family education and discharge needs and implement a
teaching plan of care.
* Documents a plan of care accurately for all assigned patients.
Identify the patient's present and potential problems from the
assessment. Determines patient's health status and incorporate into
the plan of care. Collaborates with physician to develop a plan of
care based on assessment data. Develops and implements a teaching
* Prioritizes problems according to impact on health status.
Formulates desired outcomes specific to patient's problems and WHC
protocols. Ensures desired outcomes that are mutually agreed upon
by the patient, family (when appropriate) and the nurse. Formulates
desired outcomes that are specific and measurable within a certain
time frame and consistent with other health provider's
* Identify home health care needs, evaluate support systems, and
identify patient teaching needs from admission to discharge.
Participate in implementing planned changes and activities to
improve care. Assess whether the plan of care is effective with the
physician and is instrumental in initialing changes as
* Implements wound care and HBO protocols when clinically
* Assists physician with wound therapy.
* Accurately completes the superbill and ensures that all orders
and changes are initiated accurately.
* Coordinates activities with other disciplines (Rehab, Nutrition,
Diabetic education, Home Health, DME, nursing homes and other
* Evaluates achievement or lack of achievement of desired outcomes.
In collaboration with the physician and other health care members,
revises the plan of care and continuously reassess and evaluate
until desired outcome is obtained. Completes the 4 week reviews in
a timely manner and ensure all recommendations to the plan are
activated in the physician orders.
* Functions as a case manager for a deigned patient population.
Coordinates office visits, pre-procedure work-ups, and patient
education with the multidisciplinary team. Foster continuity of
care between WHC and care taker (home, hospital, HH etc.).
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program.
* Minimum two years RN experience required, ambulatory experience
* RN licensure for the State of Florida required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification from American
Heart Association required.
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN Wound Care NN w/Sign On Bonus - Wound Care, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!