RN Navigator Stroke - Med Surg
Company: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown
Posted on: July 30, 2022
RN Navigator StrokeFull-Time
350 7th St North
$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The RN Navigator Stroke is a patient-family centered care team
member that ensures coordination of services that follow current
standards for care of a stroke patient. The stroke navigator will
actively solicit and engage patients and families to meet their
preferences and care needs throughout the continuum of care. A
dedication to top quality care and utilization of resources to
achieve optimal patient outcomes is a key responsibility of the
position. The stroke navigator works directly with patients,
families, and all members of the care team during all phases of
stroke care ensuring optimal outcomes. The RN Navigator Stroke is
an integral part of the stroke care team and leads the patient and
family through the process from acute care to follow-up care. The
stroke navigator will stay current with modern trends in care of
stroke patients and will be a resource for the community through
education and collaboration.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- RN Stroke Navigator requires on-call in collaboration with
other Stroke Navigator team members.
* Provides onsite, individualized assistance to stroke patients and
* Assisting Neuro Interventionalist in consenting patients,
expediting patients from ER while assisting CRN or primary RN to
the IR procedure room.
* Updating patient's family during endovascular procedure.
* Assist patients and family in overcoming barriers to care,
facilitating timely access to care, and providing education and
* Ensuring the stroke patient's trajectory through diagnosis,
treatment, and after care survivorship will be seamless and
coordinated in collaboration with the multidisciplinary stroke
* Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate
patient care using defined protocols
* Educates patient and family on stroke diagnosis, treatment, and
phases of care including what occurs after discharge.
* Coordinates referrals, both with NCH and within the region.
* Provides emotional support related to clinical condition.
* Advocates for patient and care givers for appropriate utilization
* Implements and measures quality improvement initiatives.
* Promotes empowerment of stroke patients in treatment of
* Communicates consistently with providers ensuring seamless plan
of care and follow up care (including discharge and 30, 90 day
follow up calls).
* Patient assessment and identification of patient specific
* Identifying barriers and having the knowledge to overcome those
barriers, locating resources, coordinating services, providing
education on stroke and develop structured means for patients to
report; refer patients to integrative therapies and support
* Serves as primary contact and advocate for patient; builds and
maintains trust of patient and family; provide emotional support;
navigate the health care system using knowledge of the intricacies
of each system and serving as the patient advocate assuring timely
access; serve as point person for physicians
* Consultant throughout stroke diagnosis and recovery.
Maintains/utilizes a comprehensive database of resources, both
locally, regionally, and nationally, for patients and families
including financial, psychosocial, education, emotional,
transportation, and cultural.
* Collaboration with multidisciplinary team
* Creates and maintains open lines of communication with treating
physicians, primary care provider, and their support staff;
establish referral pathways thereby decreasing treatment delays:
working collaboratively with the Neurologists to maintain a network
of specialists and support of best practices in care delivery;
serve as active member of Stroke Advisory and Endovascular Advisory
Committees; participate in stroke conferences.
* Maintains accurate and complete documentation; ongoing
assessments of role in decreasing disparities in care and reduction
in outmigration of patients; submits data to stroke coordinators
for quality monitoring.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Minimum of BSN Required; MSN preferred
* Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience.
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from
American Heart Association.
* Certification in Stroke nursing or achieved within 1 year of
* Prior experience in stroke care or neurological/neurosurgical
* Experienced with adult learning and teaching.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows
Keywords: NCH Baker Hospital Downtown, Cape Coral , RN Navigator Stroke - Med Surg, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!