RN Cardiac Rehab Outpatient DT PRN
Company: NCH Healthcare - Naples Community Hospital
Posted on: June 21, 2022
350 7th St North
* Essential Job Accountabilities:
* Job Summary:
* The RN Cardiac Rehab plans, implements and evaluates patient
educational needs in the cardiovascular inpatient population. This
typically includes post-operative CABG, pre & post-catheterization
and other cardiac related conditions. RN Inpatient Cardiac Rehab
also assumes basic teaching and leadership responsibilities.
Remains calm and intervenes in emergency situations in a
professional, competent and appropriate manner. Participates in
department committees, statistical tracking, and Performance
Improvement activities. Needs minimal supervision. Uses and
maintains excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Works and collaborates as a team member with nursing staff, medical
staff, patient families and other Cardiac Rehab personnel.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation within areas as assigned.
* Assesses the cardiovascular inpatient population to provide
educational plans according to AACVPR guidelines.
* Identifies individual risk factors associated with cardiac and
pulmonary disease and assists with risk stratification.
* Identifies the need for reevaluation of each patient if the
patient's condition changes and warrants intervention.
* Documents all patient care activities according to departmental
and hospital policies for medical records.
* Develops individualized educational plan based on patient's goals
and expectations. Adjusts/reevaluates goals to meet the patient's
* Reviews patient history and other medical record to develop a
plan of care that will include behavior modification through
activity and diet intervention.
* Facilitates the CABG discharge class in collaboration with other
* Facilitates phase I to phase II transition process for cardiac
rehab, actively assigns patients to phase II who qualify for the
program. Provides follow-up phone calls as necessary.
* Demonstrates flexibility by providing cardiac rehab and both
* Actively participates in the patient education and community
based programs by organizing classes, communicating with speakers
and participants as well as providing actual classroom
* Cross trains to the outpatient cardiac rehab program and works a
flexible schedule as needed.
* Demonstrates competency in assessing emergent patient situations
that require physician or emergency medical interventions. Display
a calm demeanor and directs the team in appropriate actions.
* Actively assists and supports departmental activities to ensure
that operational and salary expenses are equal to or less than
* Understands the principle and concepts of Performance
Improvement. Looks for opportunities and solutions for process
improvement and seeks to improve job skills.
* Maintains the principles of confidentiality. Understand the
legal/regulatory requirement related to the release of information.
Able to use the information systems pertinent to the job.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
* One year of previous experience on a cardiology related patient
care unit is required.
* Critical care experience preferred.
* Extensive knowledge of cardiac disease, anatomy and physiology,
risk stratification, exercise physiology and diet and nutrition are
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification from American
Heart Assoc. required.
* ACLS certification is recommended when working in an outpatient
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Windows
Keywords: NCH Healthcare - Naples Community Hospital, Cape Coral , RN Cardiac Rehab Outpatient DT PRN, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!