Clinical Veterinarian- R&D/Industry, Not private practice
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Clinical Veterinarian- NHP focus
This position provides critical veterinary care of non-human
primates used for research and breeding at a CDC quarantine
facility. This role will have primary duties to include performance
of specialized work related to the health, care, and management of
non-human primates. This position requires clinical and
surgical veterinary skills, the ability to maintain clinical
records and databases, strong organizational skills, and interest
in working in a high paced environment.
This position must ensure the optimal veterinary health care of
nonhuman primates (NHP) and ensure the support of the breeding
Ensure the facility is in compliance with federal regulations of
the USDA, DEA, NIH and AAALAC.
Support the health of the breeding colonies.
- Perform preventative medicine including but not limited to:
quarantine procedures, dental procedures, review of health records
and physiological blood data values of colony animals, review of
and modification of clinical treatment.
- Develop and implement plans for preventative medicine including
review of present preventative plans and modification of
preventative plans or protocols based on clinical
successful/non-successful clinical outcomes.
- Participate in animal health maintenance including:
surveillance of colony animal health in conjunction with with other
veterinary clinical staff and colony staff, infectious disease
testing, routine physical exams and bio-sample analysis for colony
animals, dental health examination.
- Provide care to sick or injured animals including provision of
follow-up care and release from clinical treatment.
- Keep continuous surveillance for clinical signs of disease or
- Perform radiology, ultrasound, and surgical procedures
- Provide care for pregnant and neonatal NHPs
- Determine and direct use of anesthetic and analgesic
- Perform sedation and anesthesia with controlled drugs
- Provide guidance to surgical support staff on instrumentation,
sanitation practices, and surgical suit maintenance.
- Provide patient per-operative anesthesia and monitoring as
- Provide and oversee post-operative intensive care, including
the use of sedatives, analgesics, and antiboiotics
- Stay current on all required training
- Maintain compliance with all USDA, PHS, AAALAC, policies and
- Provide direct monitoring of clinical cases.
- Provide supervision of veterinary clinical staff members as
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA-accredited veterinary
school and a minimum of 1 year of experience in Laboratory Animal
- USDA accreditation within 6 months of employment
- Ability to obtain DEA registration
- Veterinary clinical skills with a variety of animals. NHP
experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of
- Experience conducting research in
a USDA or FDA regulated environment
- Current and relevant working knowledge of regulations governing
the use of animals in teaching and research
(e.g., USDA, PHS, AAALAC) preferred.
- Clinical proficiency with nonhuman primates and a high level of
technical skills specific to primates
- Board Certification in Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Experience with hands-on technical training
- Supervisory experience
Keywords: Job Juncture, Cape Coral , Clinical Veterinarian- R&D/Industry, Not private practice, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!