LPN - Saturday and Sunday
Company: Avow Hospice
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Shift Information: Saturday and Sundays 8:00am to 8:30pmUnder
the supervision of an RN, the LPN is responsible for the ongoing
evaluation of thephysical and emotional needs of the patient/family
and for assisting in the coordination of care necessary tomeet
these needs in order to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the
quality of life for thepatient/family.Responsibility:
- Under the direction of the RN utilizes a systematic process to
determine the physical and emotional needs of the patient to
provide the framework from which patient care is planned.
- Completes all required documentation at point of origin and
documents in the EMR if required as indicated by policy.
- Communicates with the case manager and physician informing
him/her of the patients status
- Recognizes, reports, and documents significant findings/changes
in the patients condition to the primary nurse, facility staff if
patient is in a facility, and/or physician.
- Orders medical supplies, equipment and medication refills as
- Under the direction of the RN implements plan of care in an
organized and efficient manner in accordance with applicable
policies and procedures.
- Identifies additional problems/needs and contributes to the
Plan of Care after collaboration with the RN.
- Identifies patient/family educational needs and develops a
teaching plan utilizing resources available in collaboration with
- Implements physician directed care in a timely manner.
- Implements nursing interventions and procedures for physical
and emotional needs based on the objectives of the Plan of
- Administers and educates patients and caregivers on routine and
PRN medications and treatments with knowledge of actions,
contraindications, side effects and desired outcomes.
- Documents the effectiveness of the nursing interventions in
meeting the identified physical and emotional needs of
- Communicates with other team members and facility staff to
provide coordination of care.
- Follows established guidelines at time of patient death,
providing emotional support to the family.
- Completes documentation accurately, concisely and in a timely
manner including responses to interventions.
- Provides information to the HHA/CNA.
- Contributes to overall team functioning by responsible
- Fulfills all yearly mandatory requirements as designated by the
- Reports all infections/suspected infections on the appropriate
- Notifies the appropriate physicians at the time of death.
- Notifies the primary nurse, supervisor/manager, and/or Care 24
staff at time at time of death so on coming staffing needs can be
- Performs monthly chart reviews as assigned. 24 hours chart
checks are done daily in IPU.
- Is available for holiday, on-call, weekend, illness and
vacation coverage as needed.
- Follows the Compliance and Ethics Program.
- Performs other duties as needed and directedCore
Values:Innovation:We embrace change and are always looking at
creative ways to solve problems and serve new
populations.Integrity:We are honest, hardworking, fiscally
responsible professionals driven solely by the well-being of our
patients, their loved ones, and the communities we
serve.Collaboration:We know we cannot achieve everything we want
without working hand-in-hand with each other, with our healthcare
partners, and with the community.Celebration:We believe in the
importance of celebrating life and relationships.Education:We
believe it is important not only to serve the community but to
educate community members about our services and the role we can
play at the end of life.Avow is a Tobacco Free Organization which
includes but is not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes,
vaping, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip, and
loose tobacco smoked via pipe or hookah. And due to the above, Avow
will only hire Nicotine Free individuals.Computer Skills:Strong
computer skills including database software and general knowledge
of e-mail/Outlook.Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no
supervisory responsibilitiesEducation/Experience:Certificate from
college or technical school; three to six months related experience
and/or training.Language Skills:Communication skills of reading,
writing, and speaking in English.Math Skills:Math skills including
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and
percentages/fractions. Successfully passing amath exam prior to
starting orientation and yearly at a skills fair.Certificates,
Licenses, Registrations:Valid Florida drivers license.Current LPN
license for State of Florida.Healthcare Provider CPR.Physical
Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.) While performing the duties of thisjob, the
employee may be required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands
and arms, use hands to finger,handle, or feel. The employee may be
required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may needto
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee may also be required to
see, hear, and talk.Work Environment:(The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounterswhile performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While
performing the duties of this job, theemployee may be exposed to
outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment
is usuallymoderate. Field evaluations involve driving to patient
homes.Compensation and Benefits:This is only a summary of our
employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activitiesby Jobble
Keywords: Avow Hospice, Cape Coral , LPN - Saturday and Sunday, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!