Company: GenesisCare, USA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Assistant Role Summary:The Medical
Assistant at GenesisCare is a specifically trained individual who
demonstrates expertise in dealing with patients during all aspects
of care. Performs administrative and clinical duties under the
direction of the Physician or Physician's designee. Your Key
- Under the guidance of the Physician, responsibilities are as
- Assist the doctor in all aspects of the patient's initial
- Weekly status checks
- Routine follow-up examinations
- Any emergency visits that are needed.
- Schedule and follow-up on all diagnostic studies that are
ordered including proper documentation and obtaining physicians
signature on test result.
- Responsible for acquiring results and notifying Physician of
results on all interim reports.
- Charts information of patient progress on weekly status check
sheets and scuts.
- Draws blood for various lab tests that are sent out. Follow up
on results of lab.
- Attend annual OSHA/Biomedical update meetings and application
in the clinical setting of the updates.
- Practice safety precautions and wear personal protective
equipment when needed.
- Document medications the patients are currently taking, and
document any new medications prescribed by our physicians while
under our care. This includes the name of the medication, dose and
amount prescribed, physician prescribing, instructions, date and
- Documentation of any samples given to patient.
- Responsible for charting patient's vital signs, initial weight,
and all follow-up weights.
- Responsible for obtaining all signed permission slips for
patients who are radioactive prostate seed implants only.
- Verify the allergy sticker is complete.
- Assist or perform cathing of patients for various
- Responsible for reporting or verifying all patient problems as
- Maintain HIPAA rules and regulations as it applies to patient
- Maintain open communication with front desk, Nursing staff,
etc. as it applies to:
- Patient add-ons
- Patients on treatment breaks
- Changes in treatment plan
- Be an active part of the center's team.
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect at all times
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations
- Maintain attendance according to scheduled days and hours and
uniform and appearance standards, according to company policy.
- Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by
state/federal law where applicable Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail, good oral and written
- Must work well with multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Maintain licenses and/or certifications as applicable
- 1-3 years' experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and
confidential information. Minimum Physical Capabilities:In order to
be able to perform normal duties as a Nurse (LVN, LPN, RN) or MA,
the worker must be able to perform all of the following physical
- Lifting up to 22 lbs occasionally waist to shoulder height
- Unrestricted pushing and pulling waist to shoulder height
- Unrestricted reaching
- Sitting for up to 30mins at a time
- Unrestricted standing and walking
- Unrestricted bending and squatting About GenesisCare:Across the
world, we have more than 440 centers offering the latest treatments
and technologies that have been proven to help patients achieve the
best possible outcomes. For radiation therapy, that includes over
130 centers in the U.S. as well as 14 centers in the U.K., 21 in
Spain and 36 in Australia. We also offer urology and pulmonology
care in the U.S. in over 170 integrated medical offices. Every year
our team sees more than 400,000 people globally. Our purpose is to
design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes.
Our goal is to deliver exceptional treatment and care in a way that
enhances every aspect of a person's cancer journey. Joining the
GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things
differently. People centricity is at the heart of what we
do—whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner,
or someone in our team. We aim to build a culture of ‘care' that is
patient focused and performance driven.GenesisCare is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
5Please be vigilant of online scams impersonating GenesisCare.
Please note that we will only contact qualified applicants via an
official GenesisCare email account ending in genesiscare.com or via
an official ADP email ending in adp.com.
Keywords: GenesisCare, USA, Cape Coral , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!