Registered Nurse RN EMS Transport - US-FL-Lake Placid - Transport
Company: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location: Lake Placid
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Nurse RN EMS Transport - US-FL-Lake Placid
DescriptionAll the benefits and perks you need for you and your
family: Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Mental Health Resources and Support Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule:--Full Time Shift:--Day shift
The community you'll be caring for: AdventHealth Sebring area--
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate
building details, Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel was designed from
the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top
100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women's health center named Inspiration Place
that incorporates female physician specialists, women's imaging,
pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco
to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and
central Pasco The role you'll contribute: Under general supervision
of the EMS Director, the Transport Nurse is responsible for the
safe transport of critically ill patients, working jointly with
appropriate staff (EMT, CCEMT-P, EMT-P) in patient care
decisions.-- Completes and documents patient assessments,
treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and
AH policy.-- Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting
patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft.-- Communicates patient
updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN and
appropriate triage of urgency. --Actively participates in
outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to the
rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal
agencies and accrediting bodies. The value you'll bring to the
team: Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality
patient care is provided. Performs and documents accurate initial
assessment per unit standard which may include: initial
observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the
patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural,
family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family
level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and
care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely
manner to responsible physician. Observes and monitors patient lab
work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate
physician and obtains appropriate interventions. Utilizes clinical
data to implement appropriate interventions. Performs and documents
ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients'
physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric
according to unit standards and patient condition. Qualifications
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed: EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - All:
--------- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing What You Will Need:
- Three years of experience in an emergency department OR 2 years
of experience in a critical care unit which may include
CV-ICU/ICU/CL/CCU/Neuro ICU upon hire
- Five years of patient care experience upon hire
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of
an Associate of Science degree upon hire
- Active Florida RN or ARNP license required upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification or RQI upon hire.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
certification or RQI upon hire.
- AVADE Education within 6 months of hire date.
- 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then
- NIHSS Certification upon hire.
- 8 hours Hip & Knee Replacement / Spine Education within 6
months of hire date, then annually.
- Must be able to use a high level of abstract reasoning to
assess patient, evaluate interventions, and revise plan of care
according to patient outcomes.
- Basic computer skills - must be able to navigate Microsoft
windows based programs. This facility is an equal opportunity
employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, Cape Coral , Registered Nurse RN EMS Transport - US-FL-Lake Placid - Transport, Healthcare , Lake Placid, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!