RN -$15,000 Sign On Bonus!
Company: Avow Hospice Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus Available
Under physician's orders, the Hospice Nurse is responsible for
identifying the physical and emotional needs of thepatient/family
and for coordinating the care necessary to meet these needs in
order to maximize patient comfortand to enhance the quality of life
for the patient/family.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes a systematic process to assess the physical and
emotional needs of the patient to provide the framework from which
patient care is planned.
- Completes the Patient Assessment Form/Patient Care Note within
established guidelines and document such findings (in the EMR) in a
timely manner on a specific device.
- Recognizes, reports and documents significant findings/changes
in the patient's condition to the clinical manager and/or
- Assesses the need for medical supplies, equipment and
medication on a regular and consistent basis.
- Assesses the need for alternative levels of care options when
- .Contributes to the development of an Interdisciplinary
Treatment Plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
providing a comprehensive plan of care.
- Identifies additional problems/needs and contributes to the
initial plan of care started on admission and continues to update
the plan of care as necessary and required.
- Identifies patient/family educational needs and develops a
teaching plan utilizing resources available.
- Participates in IDG
- Implements and directs plan of care in an organized and
efficient manner in accordance with applicable policies and
- Implements physician directed care in a timely manner.
- Implements nursing interventions and procedures for physical
and emotional needs based on the plan of care.
- Plans the administration of and/or administers medication with
knowledge of actions, contraindications, side effects and desired
- Communicates with other team members and/or outside services
and nursing agencies to provide coordination of care.
- Provides information and direction to the HHAs/CNAs,
documenting supervision according to policy.
- Completes documentation accurately, concisely and in a timely
- Reports all infections/suspected infections on the appropriate
- Attends/prepares the body after death, providing emotional
support to the family and direction for arrangements as needed
within established guidelines.
- Continually evaluates the plan of care, the nursing care
provided and the patient's response to the care so that adjustments
may be made accordingly.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the nursing interventions in
meeting the identified physical and emotional needs, making
revisions on the plan of care.
- Communicates with the physician informing him/her of the
patient's status as the condition changes.
- Notifies the physician at the time of death.
- Performs chart reviews as assigned.
- Performs other related work as needed and as directed by the
clinical manager and/or director.
- Is available for holiday, on-call, weekend, illness and
vacation coverage as needed.
- Follows the Compliance and Ethics Program.
- Other duties as assignedCore Values:Innovation:We embrace
change and are always looking at creative ways to solve problems
and serve new populations.Integrity:We are honest, hardworking,
fiscally responsible professionals driven solely by the well-being
of our patients, their loved ones, and the communities we
serve.Collaboration:We know we cannot achieve everything we want
without working hand-in-hand with each other, with our healthcare
partners, and with the community.Celebration:We believe in the
importance of celebrating life and relationships.Education:We
believe it is important not only to serve the community but to
educate community members about our services and the role we can
play at the end of life.Avow is a Tobacco Free Organization which
includes but is not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes,
vaping, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, dip, and
loose tobacco smoked via pipe or hookah. And due to the above, Avow
will only hire Nicotine Free individuals.Computer Skills:Strong
computer skills including database software and general knowledge
of e-mail/Outlook.Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no
supervisory responsibilitiesEducation/Experience:Bachelor's degree
(B.A.) from four year college or university; or one to two
yearsrelated experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.Language Skills:Communication skills of
reading, writing, and speaking in English. Spanish language skills
preferred.Math Skills:Math skills including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and percentages/fractions. Nurse must
successfully passthe math test given at time of interview prior to
starting orientation and annually.Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations:Current RN License to practice in the state of
Florida.Valid Florida Driver's LicenseHealthcare Provider
CPRPhysical Demands:(The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee
tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing
the duties of thisjob, the employee may be required to sit, stand,
walk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger,handle, or
feel. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee may needto lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Employee may also be required to see, hear, and talk.Work
Environment:(The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounterswhile performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job,
theemployee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise
level in the work environment is usuallymoderate. Field evaluations
involve driving to patient homes.Compensation and Benefits:This is
only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
- Medical insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP
- Supplemental Benefits (hospital confinement, accident and/or
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance (company
- Long term care insurance (company paid)
- Retirement savings plan (TSA/403(b) matching program)
- Short and long term disability insurance (company paid)
- LegalShield (identity protection and more)
- Bereavement leave for family and pets
- Direct deposit
- Credit union availability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- In-house continuing education opportunities
- Discounted membership at local area Fitness Center
- Tuition reimbursement
- Other employer-sponsored activities
Keywords: Avow Hospice Inc, Cape Coral , RN -$15,000 Sign On Bonus!, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!