MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: Moore Haven
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facility: -Moore Haven Correctional and Rehabilitation
FacilityCompensation Base: -$58,240Compensation Bonus (if
applicable): -Equal Opportunity Employer.SummaryResponsible for
provision of full-range of mental health outpatient services from
initial assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and
case management as well as aftercare planning, group psychotherapy,
and crisis evaluation and support. -Primary Duties and
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations
and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment
plans to address an inmate's specific mental health needs in
accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental health program
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services
including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or
psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.g., anger
management, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and inmate
- Provides case management services on 30 to 90 day basis to
ensure continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance
with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear,
thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other
departments as needed in inmate related mental health
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis
intervention as required up to and including involuntary
- Conducts post-release planning and communicate with community
based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job Requirements:Minimum
- Master's degreed as a mental health clinician who has full
licensure, provisional licensure, or registered intern status as a
mental health provider under Chapter 491 (Florida Statutes).
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an
institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Cape Coral , MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST, Healthcare , Moore Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!