Home Health RN / Full time
Company: Southwest Florida Homecare
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse (RN)
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home care
services and is experienced in
nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience.
The professional nurse
builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct
services to meet the needs of
individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine home care needs.
Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and
2. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing
incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing
actions. Includes the patient
and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan of
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan
development and implements
prior to discharge of the patient.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to
coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when
necessary and at least
every 60 days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patients needs and
reports any changes in
the patients condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate
the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care
provided every two (2) weeks.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care
experience in an institutional setting.
2. Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
3. Bachelors degree, with one (1) year of home health care
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home health aides.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic
math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position or transfer patients.
Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching,
stooping, bending, kneeling or
crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or
organization requirements and is in good working order.
Keywords: Southwest Florida Homecare, Cape Coral , Home Health RN / Full time, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!