Company: Armor Health
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Psychiatry-Forensic opening in Naples, Florida. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com At Armor Health, we
are raising the standard of care to impact the lives of those we
serve by partnering with exceptional correctional organizations to
improve health care outcomes. We provide support for patients and
foster the wellness and wellbeing of the lives entrusted by our
care. Armor is laser-focused on providing the best in class
interventions to ensure optimal outcomes. Through our core values,
embrace change, take ownership, attention to detail, sense of
urgency, results oriented and collaborative environment we are a
dynamic team that is setting the bar and revolutionizing
correctional healthcare.Great outcomes start with great people and
Armor has an exciting opportunity for a Psychiatrist to collaborate
with leadership and support the clinical outcomes of the patients
Job Summary:Provides medical psychiatric assessments and services
to patients in a correctional facility.Essential Function:
- Supervises and manages the daily operations of the prescribing
of psychotropic medications to the mentally ill population; serves
on committees as appropriate and conduct staff in-service
- Assesses patient's mental status and medical needs; based upon
diagnosis direct the formulation of treatment plans; monitors
patient's progress and modifies treatment plans as indicated.
- Communicates medical orders to the nursing staff.
- Participates in case disposition and follow-up planning;
provides medical case supervision and consultation.
- Maintains records and provides documentation associated with
- Certifies a patient for inpatient hospital or acute care
psychiatric facility as appropriate.
- Provides evaluations as required by the courts.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff
in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes
following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior
and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times
while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RequirementsSkills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the
delivery of mental health diagnosis and treatment.
- Knowledge of mental health diagnostic and patient care
- Ability to supervise and train employees.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care
- Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions and
progress using the POMR method of charting.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of
mental health services.
- Knowledge of federal, state, correctional accrediting body
standards, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the
provision of mental health services.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control
standards.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Licensed in the state as an M.D. or D.O. with specialty
training in psychiatry
- Board certified or board eligible
- One year of clinical experience
- Other relevant professional experiences or educational
backgrounds will be considered as deemed appropriate. However, when
licensure is required by local, state, federal or contractual
guidelines, we will not alter our position on those
requirements.Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Exposure to disturbed and potentially aggressive patients.
- Clinical work environment involves exposure to potentially
dangerous materials and situations that require extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, forensic psychiatry
jobs, psychologist jobs
Keywords: Armor Health, Cape Coral , Staff Psychiatrist, Healthcare , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!