Senior Director External Communications
Posted on: March 18, 2023
*** This position can work remotely on the East Coast ***The
Senior Director, External Communications is an integral leader
within a high impact global Communications team, focused on
creating and executing an effective external communication strategy
for The Hertz Corporation and its Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty rental
car brands. This role is a trusted partner to senior management and
works to drive continuous improvement to the company's reputation
through strong media relations, thought leadership, and crisis and
issue communications. The position will reports to the EVP
Corporate Affairs.What you will do:
- Create and execute corporate campaigns, strategies and tactics
that engage key constituents, build the reputation of the company
and support business objectives.
- Bring, build and maintain relationships with editors, reporters
and influencers to support proactive coverage of the company's key
initiatives and ensure fair, accurate and balanced media coverage
of Hertz and its brands.
- Lead the Communications' team crisis and issues management
practice, including working closely with senior management and COEs
to anticipate, plan, respond, and learn from issues faced by the
- Serve as a company spokesperson across a range of topics.
- Build and support thought leader strategies for senior
- Provide coordination and counsel for the global Communications
team across key media relations topics and crisis and issue
- Serve as a trusted advisor providing communications counsel to
senior leaders of the organization including assisting in
preparation for media interactions and public appearances.
- Leverage effective monitoring and measurement tools that lead
to effective insights for continuous improvement across
communications strategies and execution.
- Demonstrate confidentiality required as the Director will be
working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Communications or
- 10 years of progressive experience in communications, public
relations, journalism, or related field
- Proven media relations and crisis communications experience
- Superior communication skills including strong writing,
strategic and clear thinking, and presentation development.
- Experience within travel or automotive industries not required
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate at all levels
of the organization.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and project management
skills within established business priorities and in budget.
- Experience in managing complex situations and multiple
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly confidential
information and sensitive matters.
- Proven proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), media monitoring and listening tools.The Hertz
Corporation operates the Hertz, Dollar Car Rental, Thrifty Car
Rental brands in approximately 9,700 corporate and franchisee
locations throughout North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin
America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
The Hertz Corporation is one of the largest worldwide airport
general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of
the most recognized in the world.US EEO STATEMENTAt Hertz, we
champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We
take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement
opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences,
skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every
day represent a significant part of our culture - and our success
and reputation as a company.Individuals are encouraged to apply for
positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.EOE,
Keywords: Hertz, Cape Coral , Senior Director External Communications, Executive , Estero, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...