Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description COMPANY OVERVIEWJourneys is a leader in the teen
specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states,
Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and
merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear
and accessories market for 13 to 22 year old guys and
girls.Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands
that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the
Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it's an
extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive
content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising
strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style
reflect the customers' lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in
every way, an attitude you can wear!Journeys is always looking for
great people to join our team!For more information check out:
http://www.journeys.com/careers WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We're committed to our people - we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers - we promote from
- You'll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work
hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefitsJOB SUMMARYTo assist Store Manager
and Manager In Training with recruiting, hiring, training and
managing store personnel to achieve store and personal sales plan,
control expenses, and to protect company assets.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with
in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in
Store Manager and Manager In Training's absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices
in Store Manager and Manager In Training's absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and
Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the storeLearn more about what it's like to work
at Journeys at www.journeys.com/careers Requirements
- Prior management experience in retail environment
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.** Age requirement for full
time employment may vary based on state.BENEFITSCheck out the
following website for more information on all our awesome benefits:
https://www.journeys.com/careers PRE-APPLICATION DISCLOSURESEqual
employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical condition, physical or mental disability of
otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic
information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered
domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or
expression, or any other factor that the law protects from
employment discrimination.All employment decisions are based on
business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or
employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to applyfor
employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job
should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615)367-7467.
Genesco's employment practices will continue to be directed toward
full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that
this approach to our human resources is not only legally and
morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business
Keywords: Journeys, Cape Coral , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!