Company: Manhattan Construction
Posted on: November 21, 2022
General Position Summary
The Project Director manages all Company contact with new and
existing clients and is responsible for building and cultivating
client relationships. As this position is the senior operational
sales position within the company, it is paramount Project
Directors successfully execute winning new work on behalf of the
company. This position is measured on the ability to successfully
sell and deliver services (doer-seller). This position is
responsible for generating business, managing client relationships
and developing employees in accordance with the Manhattan
guidelines of Project Delivery. The Project Director is responsible
for full profit and loss on respective accounts. Major Duties &
- Coordinate efficient assignment of staff among projects with
Operations Manager, Project Executive or Senior Project
- Be a champion of the Manhattan Guiding Principles at all
- Lead the development and implementation of pursuit plans to
acquire new clients in coordination with Business
Development/Marketing, including proposals, presentations, and RMP
- Manage and develop relationships with clients, designers,
consultants and internal Manhattan clients
- Be the Manhattan representative in the industry and in the
community by having an active role (i.e. serve on industry
committees or boards, volunteering at key events)
- Oversee development of Project Execution Plan
- Communicate and support Manhattan's Safety, and Health
- Demonstrate commitment to Manhattan's safety culture through
own actions and mentoring others
- Review and monitor monthly reports regarding financial
performance of the project with Operations Manager and project
team, including PSRs, and other forecasting reports
- Review monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Develop risk management plans that identify and proactively
- Actively participate in all preconstruction planning and
- Lead employee recruitment and retention efforts
- Develop skills and mentor project management employees,
including conducting employee performance reviews per Manhattan's
guidelines, as requiredSales Role & Responsibilities
The Project Director will report to the Senior Vice President and
manage specific client accounts. The Project Director is expected
to be a leader both internally and externally and a "Doer-Seller".
The project Director's success in Manhattan is measured on ability
his/her ability to successfully sell and deliver our services. The
Project Director shall rely upon strategic thinking skills to
develop new markets, create innovative project specific solutions
based on customer needs and key issues, and be a proactive - "Out
of the Box" thinker and problem solver. The project Director shall
collaborate with the Business Development team in long range
planning/selling along with responsibility for a geographic region,
vertical market segment, and/or customers with a large building
- Responsible for establishing and meeting annual sales
- Conduct marketing research - collect information regarding
client operations, identify and pursue opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying and retaining key Manhattan
- Identify potential Manhattan projects and enter into
- Develop and forecast business plans in accordance with the
Manhattan planning process. Update as required.
- Develop Pursuit Plans in conjunction with Business Development.
Maintain and update the pursuit plan as activities are completed
and as needed.
- Develop early and middle game strategies and pursuit
- Lead pursuit teams following pursuit plan strategies and
relationship building activities.
- Engage relationship building activities with Owners,
influencers, and other pursuit stakeholders.
- Project Directors primary focus is on cultivation of new
customer relationships. Opportunities for Residual customers are
primarily managed by project executives and teams
- Develop and manage key client relationships.
- Coordinate with business development for identification of new
- Project Directors shall manage RFQ & RFP processes providing
operational support to the proposal process. Customized project
specific narratives shall be developed for RFQ & RFP
- Manage collection & development of RFP & RFQ responses.
- Participate in red team reviews and proposal editing
- Prepare interview agenda and presentation materials in
conjunction with business development.
- Take primary responsibility for overall sales processClient
The Project Director will generally be assigned to manage the
- Identification, winning, and retention of a single account or
multiple new accounts delivering $100M in revenue on an annual
- Prepare risk & opportunity analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee monthly PSR and financial reporting for compliance,
- Prepare Quarterly Forecast for Project awards, revenues and
- Achieve company/regional goals for sales, revenue and
- Assist SVP in managing office G&AProject Planning
The Project Director will lead the project team in the effort to
develop the Project Plan and development of the project execution
plan. Essential project planning duties include:
- Meet with customer decision makers to build and maintain the
relationship and identify needs/opportunities.
- Provide the processes, tools and support required to insure
operational excellence and compliance with Guiding Principles
- Develop small business subcontracting plans and implementation
- In conjunction with the project team develop, implement and
monitor a project risk management plan.
- Contract Administration
- Project Execution Plans
- Project Peer Reviews
- Schedule control
- Risk mitigation plan
- Contracting compliance Matrix & mitigation plan
- Review, negotiate and forward recommendations for all project
contracts, change orders and claims, etc. to the appropriate
- Oversee the development of project execution and quality
- Actively participate in all preconstruction and planning and
- Establish performance metrics and outperform targets for all
- Review monthly PSRs with the SVP and Operations Manager.
- Review PSRs with the project team. Know your projects. Identify
and proactively manage risk.
- Attend OAC Meetings to monitor the project team's performance
in exceeding client expectations.
- Cooperate and support other Project Directors and SVP's - One
- Attend and present at Quarterly superintendents meetings.
- Talk with the project teams to get feedback on current issues
or problems. Help project teams solve problems. Be a valued
- Promote and support the Manhattan Safety culture on all
- Identify, recruit and retain the best employees available
- Develop and monitor training and education programs for
- Prepare a succession plan for each client and project position-
identify and train your replacement.
- Organize and develop high performing teams. Utilize DISK
assessment tools on all projects.
- Communicate company wide and local initiatives to
- Stay connected to the field. Be visible, listen and provide
supportJob Skills & Abilities
- Complete understanding of construction industry
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of financial operations
- Excellent management skills
- Exhibits excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all
- Ability to delegate work appropriately
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent strategic thinking and visionary skillsEducation
- Bachelor's Degree - Construction Management, Engineering or
Degree equivalent, plus
- 15+ years extensive experience in management or construction
- Currently managing multiple client accounts
- Previously served in an operations and sales leadership role
for a minimum of 10 yearsAuthority
The Project Director derives his or her authority, and performs all
duties with guidance, from the Senior Vice President or
President.The Project Director is responsible for supervising,
managing and coordinating the efforts of the Project Executive and
project management employees. Attention All Third Party Agencies,
Headhunters, and RecruitersManhattan Construction will not accept
candidate submission by unsolicited third parties through this site
or any company email address. All unsolicited candidates presented
to Manhattan Construction will be considered the property of
Manhattan Construction. Manhattan Construction will not be
responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited candidates,
nor will a contractual relationship be formed by the submission.
Manhattan Construction will not be obligated and will not under any
circumstances pay any fees to said third parties submitting
candidates in this manner. Manhattan Construction only forms
contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established business
relationship and with whom we have in place a signed agreement. All
contact with Manhattan Construction from third parties must be
through our Human Resources Recruiting department. Outside
recruiters are asked not to contact our hiring managers directly.
Any contact made outside of the Manhattan Construction Human
Resources Recruiting Department by a third party will cancel any
future business relationships between the third party and Manhattan
Keywords: Manhattan Construction, Cape Coral , Project Director, Executive , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!