Company: First Communities
Location: Punta Gorda
Posted on: September 22, 2022
General Job Description Purpose:The purpose of this job
description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties
associated with the position of Community Manager. It should also
be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be
specifically addressed.General Position Summary:The Community
Manager is fully accountable for ALL property operations.
Leadership ability is a must, as the Community Manager is the
leader of the on-site team. The purpose of the Community Manager is
to effectively manage and coordinate activities and available
resources in order to accomplish property / owner / company /
objectives. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy and
income levels, increasing property values, minimizing property
operation expenses while maintaining a quality product. In
addition, the Community Manager will train the assistant manager to
assume all his or her duties in the event of the Community Managers
- Regular and consistent onsite attendance is required to provide
leadership to the team and support the community's residents,
prospects and vendors.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and
procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA,
EPA, and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to
- Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as
outlined in the Companies Policy and Procedures Manual and
inform/train staff on any revisions in a timely manner.
- The Community Manager will assist in budget preparation as well
as maintaining expenses within the budget guidelines.
- Ensure that all rents are collected and posted and deposited on
a daily basis.
- Perform and schedule all evictions, utility cut offs and
enforce adherence to all lease rules and regulations by all
- Assure that all vendors are on the approved vendor list and are
compliant in Notivus.
- Ensure that scheduling of turnkey units and processing of
accounts payable are timely and accurate.
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order
to achieve operational goals assigned to the property. This will
include team building, training, annual reviews, approval of
payroll and overtime. Constantly and consistently review all
leasing performances and paperwork.
- The Community Manager is responsible for office operations,
quality curb appeal, office and model cleanliness. Must promote
adherence to the ABCs of Leasing and First Communities TOP TEN
MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS. It is the responsibility of the Community
Manager to fill in as a Leasing Consultant or Assistant Community
Manager performing those duties should the need arise.
- Conduct market surveys as required and create, implement
marketing plans for ongoing success and high occupancy of
- Provide high level of customer service at all times to
residents, resulting in decreased turnover and high resident
retention. Oversee lease renewal program for maximum
- Must maintain all records in a complete and organized manner as
described throughout the Companies Policy & Procedures Manual and
in full compliance with outside regulatory boards which may be
applicable (EEOC, OSHA, EPA, HUD, etc.).
- Initiate and implement all policies and procedures while
maintaining excellent staff and resident communication. The
Community Manager must walk all rent readies as well as the
property on a regular basis ensuring that it is well maintained.
During these inspections, all liability and/or deficiencies should
be reported to their Regional Manager immediately.
- Review and approve all leasing application files; enforce
Community Qualifying Criteria in a fair and consistent manner for
all leasing applicants.
- Oversee all accounting transactions. Manage cash accounts, pay
vendors as directed by Regional Manager and owner, maintain
accurate bookkeeping at all times.
- The Community Manager shall be responsible to respond to all
emergency situations, preparing all necessary reporting and
notifying the Regional Manager.
- Assist with any other duties as specifically requested by the
Regional Manager and/or Executive Vice President.
- Flexibility with scheduling and coverage as required by site
and Regional Manager.Education, Knowledge, Skills
- Prefer a minimum of high school degree.
- Prior experience in property management or in a related
industry is preferred.
- CAM,ARM designation preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for
effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors,
owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based
on specific needs of property.
- Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Outlook, YARDI, and related is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application,
familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair
Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements
for property management industry.Working Environment/RequirementsA
portion of the typical work day is spent at his or her desk
handling paperwork, computer transactions, correspondence, and
employee or resident meetings. Remainder of job requires constant
physical inspections and leasing demonstrations of community,
walking up/down stairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of
property. Local travel to bank, purchase office supplies, etc.
requires operable personal vehicle and valid drivers license. Out
of state travel may be occasionally required.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: First Communities, Cape Coral , Community Manager, Executive , Punta Gorda, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!