Front Desk Manager
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Marco Island
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description Are you ready to grow your dream career while
making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations
Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership
with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and
help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams
Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office
functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office
areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front
Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to
carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out
process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the
financial performance of the department.
Relocation Assistance Available
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2-3 years of experience in the guest
services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
* Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish your work.
* Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances
and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
* Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
* Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with
employees to create awareness of business objectives and
communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces
* Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall
property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
* Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
* Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day
operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform
duties in employees' absence.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with
employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
* Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the
Front Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
* Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
* Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
* Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of
product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
* Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing Projects and Policies
* Implements the customer recognition/service program,
communicating and ensuring the process.
* Trains staff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and
procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
* Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue
and control property occupancy.
* Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures
compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
* Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are
completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures
(SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
* Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
* Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an open door policy and
reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
* Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention
of the department manager and Human Resources.
* Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team
members with the appropriate skills.
* Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to
receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform
* Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
* Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
* Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the
subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
* Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
* Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
* Participates in departmental meetings and continually
communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front
Desk goals to produce desired results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Cape Coral , Front Desk Manager, Executive , Marco Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!