Director of Children's Ministry - Full Time
Company: outh Carolina United Methodist Conference
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Director of Children's Ministry - Full Time North Naples Church
seeks a Director of Children's Ministry. This is a Full Time,
Exempt position. Reporting to the Senior Pastor and Executive
Director, the Director of Children's Ministry is responsible for
inspiring and equipping children and their families to follow
Jesus. This is accomplished by developing and carrying out
curriculum, designing age appropriate worship experiences, and
overseeing a team of volunteers in accordance with the mission,
established goals of the Church, and the UMC Book of Discipline.
Please apply at link: https://nnchurch.org/welcome/careers/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design creative children's and family programs that align with
the mission of North Naples Church.
- Design gospel centered and age appropriate children's worship
- Develop and carry out curriculum designed to encourage
spiritual growth as disciples of Jesus.
- Provide a compelling ministry vision and strategy for children
from Birth through 5 th
- Monitor quality of early childhood and elementary ministries
and develop improvements as necessary.
- Recruit, equip, mentor and oversee volunteers and staff in a
manner that fosters spiritual growth in their lives and the lives
of the children and families whom they serve.
- Lead multiple fundraising projects throughout the year and work
collaboratively with other ministries in support of the
- Oversee, facilitate, and coordinate summer camps for elementary
- Lead and/or participate in worship services provided by The
Village School and special events.
- Meet with volunteers, children and parents as needed to provide
prayer, discipleship and support.
- Equip parents to be the primary spiritual influencers in their
- Keep children's ministry compliant with the child protection
policies of the Church and the Florida Conference of the United
- Oversee and implement children's ministry programming within
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed. QUALIFICATIONS,
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years' experience in children and/or
family ministry or Christian Education.
- Possess deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Jesus Christ
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
including writing skills and oral presentation skills, including in
a large group worship environment.
- Ability to creatively plan and implement worship experiences
and events for the children's ministry.
- Strong technology skills and experience including ability to
effectively disseminate mass electronic communications,
calendaring, and basic graphic design.
- Ability to recruit, train, -develop, and supervise a team of
volunteers, equipping them in their roles.
- A positive team player and self-motivated individual committed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both the written and spoken
- Ability to communicate a love of Jesus Christ both to the staff
and to the congregation.
- Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle
compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to
embrace the mission and strategic plans of North Naples Church.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: outh Carolina United Methodist Conference, Cape Coral , Director of Children's Ministry - Full Time, Executive , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!