Event Operations Manager
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Location: Marco Island
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Posting Date May 06, 2022
Job Number 22074445
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, 400 South Collier
Boulevard, Marco Island, Florida, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW
Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more
than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that
our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels,
you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices,
sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and
imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio
and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities
and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our
associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be
happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience
unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a
true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates
opportunities for training, development, recognition and most
importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the
way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment---.
Assists in supervising team while personally assisting in the
physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance
floors, podiums, etc.) and executing events based on requirements
and standards. Assists in developing and directing team to provide
consistent, high quality service. Communicates performance
expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls
financial and administrative responsibilities including asset
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event
management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Services Operations
- Ensures Red Coat program is in place in accordance with
Catering Event Service minimum standard.
- Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are "on time" and meet
Event Service Standards.
- Manages departmental inventories and assets including par
levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens,
candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers).
- Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if
- Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets
and VIP meeting room sets.
- Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to
ensure the room is set according to specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet
- Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting
- Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event
Delivery teams and the group contact throughout the event.
- Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting
- Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
- Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation
(Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Makes presence known to customer at all times.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives
to previous arrangements.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees
in order to achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency
procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
- Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business
demands and productivity goals; critiques any variances.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Cape Coral , Event Operations Manager, Executive , Marco Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!