Survey CAD Technician
Company: RWA Engineering
Posted on: January 23, 2023
RWA, Inc. is a professional consulting firm founded in 1997 with
offices in Naples, Ft. Myers and City of North Port Florida. We
offer value-added solutions in the disciplines of Civil
Engineering, Land Use and Planning, Permitting and Surveying and
Mapping. Our experience, knowledge, and innovative problem-solving
has served the private and public sector for over 20 years. RWA
promotes excellence, teamwork and individual responsibility. Our
staff is comprised of dynamic professionals on a mission to achieve
performance excellence, client satisfaction and company growth. We
make every effort to look for new ways to enhance cooperation and
provide greater encouragement and support between work groups,
departments, and project teams.
What we offer:
- Generous compensation and Quarterly Profit-Sharing Program
- Company Paid Benefits - Paid Time Off and Holidays; Medical,
Dental, Vision, and Life insurance; 401(k) matching; short and
- Flexible work opportunities (Flextime, summer hours, etc.)
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
(Reimbursements for professional training, licenses, exams,
memberships and well-defined career path)
RWA is seeking a CAD Technician with the opportunity to further
develop their professional consulting and design capabilities with
an increased emphasis on direct client contact and service,
management, and interdisciplinary technical expertise. Individuals
in this position are expected to independently evaluate, select,
and apply standard survey techniques, procedures, and criteria,
using accurate judgment in making adaptations and modifications to
fulfill project, client, and company objectives. This role will be
based out of the Naples office, but will have the opportunity to
work with all office locations in southwest Florida. This
individual will have the opportunity to collaborate across multiple
teams within the firm including other survey teams, Engineering,
Community Development and Planning, Surveying and Mapping, and
What you bring:
- Two-year Technical or Associate Degree in CAD Drafting or
related field, or; High School Diploma or GED with 2 additional
years of experience.
- Up to Three (3) years of experience in a CAD related technical
- Proficiency in 2D CAD and basic proficiency with AutoCAD Civil
- Proficiency with computer software and hardware (Microsoft
Applications and office equipment)
- Knowledge in the development of plan and profile drawings for
- Knowledge of engineering and surveying terminology and
techniques related to completing civil drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen and follow direction from
supervision to produce engineering documents, site construction
plans and related material.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team
What you'll do:
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned
projects between other project participants, including field crew,
surveyors, engineers, contractors, and clients
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for
projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as
plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs,
tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and document project
activities and data.
- Create geometrically accurate, "Engineering friendly" AutoCAD
drawing files of Client's conceptual site plans
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component
specifications, and material quantities using calculator or
- Read and review project blueprints and specifications to
determine dimensions of structure or system and material
- Input boundary information from surveys and/or legal
- Incorporate electronic data from other consultants as necessary
(Architects, Surveyors, Planners, Landscape Architects, etc.)
If you are an enthusiastic individual with a curiosity to learn and
grow, then we encourage you to complete the application to initiate
the interviewing and hiring process for this role.
RWA, Inc. will conduct background and drug screenings for
candidates who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in
the United States is a precondition of employment and will be
validated through "E-verify".
RWA intends to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
qualified applicants and team members without regard to race,
color, creed, gender, sexual preference, age, marital status,
national origin, religion, handicap, disability, or veteran status.
All personnel matters including, but not limited to recruitment,
employment, compensation, benefits, social/recreational programs,
training, promotion, and termination will be handled accordingly.
Employment decisions will be based on objective criteria. RWA will
recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most
qualified persons on the basis of satisfying the particular
requirements of the job independently of one's race, color, creed,
gender, age, sexual preference, marital status, national origin,
handicap, disability, religion or veteran status.
Keywords: RWA Engineering, Cape Coral , Survey CAD Technician, Engineering , Naples, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!